PDA

View Full Version : Strut bars?

SX4DUDE2013
December 22nd, 2010, 01:03 PM
Where is a link to order? Ultra Racing makes them right? If u have one, what do u think about it??

Caterham
December 22nd, 2010, 02:53 PM
A stut bar will do little to nothing for the SX-4. Unless you're ordering it for looks.

SX4DUDE2013
December 22nd, 2010, 02:55 PM
A stut bar will do little to nothing for the SX-4. Unless you're ordering it for looks.

nagaitve. not for looks. lol

Caterham
December 22nd, 2010, 03:08 PM
You should save money for excellent tires.

Schultzey
December 22nd, 2010, 03:27 PM
Where is a link to order? Ultra Racing makes them right?

As far as I know to order you will have to e-mail Michael Barton at Ultraracing USA <mbarton@ultraracingusa.com> or order from e-bay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuki-SX4-1-6-2-Point-Front-Strut-Bar-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem45f3622d47QQitemZ30043 6041031QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries).

Check here (http://www.sx4club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9244) for more info on the strut brace. SchumieFan has it installed on his car. Maybe he can chime in and tell you what he thinks about it.

SX4DUDE2013
December 22nd, 2010, 04:17 PM
As far as I know to order you will have to e-mail Michael Barton at Ultraracing USA <mbarton@ultraracingusa.com> or order from e-bay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuki-SX4-1-6-2-Point-Front-Strut-Bar-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem45f3622d47QQitemZ30043 6041031QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries).

Check here (http://www.sx4club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9244) for more info on the strut brace. SchumieFan has it installed on his car. Maybe he can chime in and tell you what he thinks about it.

Thanks. Im looking for the Rear one. anyone have any info on that. I kno angry panda has one??

ced11
December 24th, 2010, 09:36 PM
If your'e thinking of a front one, it won't fit the USA models without modding. Power steering fluid reservoir is in the way. I posted a how-to and some pictures of how I did mine on the old forum.

SchumieFan
December 25th, 2010, 12:06 AM
its poorly designed and will do little to stop horizontal movement

with no direct link to the struts it is mostly for looks
but does provide minimal performance ill draw up a diagram and explain why

B-Spec
December 25th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Total waste of money.. It isn't going to do anything.. Now if you want it for looks that is a different story..

Die trying
December 25th, 2010, 10:44 AM
Does the rear bar tie into the strut towers at all? The hatchbacks could sure benefit from a good rear strut tower brace.

SchumieFan
December 25th, 2010, 10:22 PM
yes, the rear brace,

lower front 4 point, lower rear strut and anti-roll bars are all awesome bits of kit,

the front top brace just suffers from lack of space available to mount it...
and the mounts it does use are not the best

SchumieFan
December 25th, 2010, 10:24 PM
Total waste of money.. It isn't going to do anything.. Now if you want it for looks that is a different story..

not true at all

it does provide a great amount of downward force on the front wheels stopping them 'bouncing' on take-off

like i said, it does provide some performance, just it could be better.

Wolfe787
December 31st, 2010, 12:06 PM
He had quoted me about $540 for all braces cept the front strut bar shipped to Puerto Rico, so check that out ;) the rear of the car IMHO is solid enough but I am a brace adict :)

mcmuda
December 31st, 2010, 03:20 PM
I have the 4 point brace and I love it. I actually noticed a decent improvement in handling. Also, I will be ordering the lower tie bar from UR. I want to order the rear brace but I dunno if they're the distance between the towers are the same.

SchumieFan
January 1st, 2011, 06:17 AM
^^^^

im not 100% but it should be, the floor pan is the the same except theres an extra foot of trunk space, the actual width is the same (i think?)

the only thing is if the brace will fit in the trunk... its designed to run across the back of the rear seat in the hatch so i dunno if thatd interfere with the sedan rear seats

anonymous
January 1st, 2011, 08:39 AM
The rear strut bar WILL fit, i know it says for the 1.6, but it WILL fit the american 2.0 hatchback. unless they changed designs in the last couple months, your cool! :hi:

a kid up in augusta, ME in a white sx4, completely riced teh fuk out, neon lights, everything rice, and had the ultra racing rear strut bar, said he bought it off ebay for 135ish, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuki-SX4-1-6-2-Point-Rear-Strut-Bar-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem439fcc5733QQitemZ29044 3777843QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

thats the link where teh kid got it, its 131 with free shipping. he claimed a huge difference, but when i asked what he had from RRM, he didnt know what they were sadly enough...so i informed him :hi:

Schultzey
January 5th, 2011, 02:35 PM
The rear strut bar WILL fit, i know it says for the 1.6, but it WILL fit the american 2.0 hatchback. unless they changed designs in the last couple months, your cool! :hi:

Yes you are correct about the rear strut bar fitting. I have confirmed this with Michael Barton at Ultra Racing. He also said that the rear strut bars on ebay are not linked to Ultra Racing. I am not sure if the seller's of UR products on ebay are in fact a fake as it sounds like the person in Maine kb ran into received his... I thought I would share this info as the source is directly linked to UR.

Here is the email Michael Barton sent me:

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in our products for your SX4 , your are correct in the fact that the chassis from the 1.6 and 2.0 are the same.

For a shipping cost your are looking at about $180-$190 shipped to the usa, the ebay listing you are looking at is a fake . We are working to get this seller shut down as he sells our product name then collect the cash and does not ship the parts.

We can help you order through any of our usa dealers.

If you have any questions please ask asap.

best regards,

team ultraracing :scratch:

anonymous
January 5th, 2011, 05:21 PM
wow man, thanks for the update! well, if you want it for looks, and with free shipping...and dont care if its by U.R. or not hahahaha....get hte one on ebay, if you want legitamacy.......contact UR directly :hi: