PDA

View Full Version : September Suzuki Sales: -5.2%

Thirty-Nine
October 2nd, 2012, 10:59 AM
American Suzuki Motor Corporation (ASMC) today reported September 2012 sales of 1,921 units. SX4 sales were up 1% year over year and continue to lead sales with a 2% year to date sales increase.

According to Suzuki, the company sold 2,026 units in September, 2011, which means a -5.2% change year over year. Not sure about year-to-date sales; I'd have to go back through all of 2012's press releases and calculate it. Unfortunately, Suzuki's media site is down right now.

- Andy

Capoken
October 2nd, 2012, 11:50 AM
Well I did not suspect it to go up, but it's down less than August, so that's good right? 2014 can't come soon enough.

Die trying
October 2nd, 2012, 12:48 PM
I can't stand to look at these anymore.

Avalanche
October 2nd, 2012, 01:41 PM
Some others for a better perspective:

Chrysler: +12 percent
Ford Motor: -0.2 percent
General Motors: +1.5 percent
Toyota: +41.5 percent (!)
Honda: +31 percent
Nissan: -1.1 percent
Hyundai: +15 percent

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/september-auto-sales-2012-10#ixzz28Azgp8Xc

jelly2m8
October 2nd, 2012, 08:51 PM
It's really no surprise, EVERY other manufacturer has had 2013's on the lot for a month or more, many have all new models / major updates and Suzuki is still twiddling their thumbs on 7 year old plus designs.

Black Knight
October 2nd, 2012, 09:12 PM
It's really no surprise, EVERY other manufacturer has had 2013's on the lot for a month or more, many have all new models / major updates and Suzuki is still twiddling their thumbs on 7 year old plus designs.

I saw a Suzuki comercial for the first time EVER this past weekend. I got into a new, sure footed AWD car for under 16 grand...a little advertising such a deal would have to help. One of the selling points for me was the "dated" dash and instruments. I test drove a focus a sonic, and a couple others...too many buttons and displays for me. One glance and I know all I need to know without having to toggle between displays.

anibalrx8
October 2nd, 2012, 09:38 PM
I would say its not that bad, specially since they only have 1/2 to 1/3 the dealer that they use to have,FYI

Pete the Pirate
October 2nd, 2012, 10:04 PM
Black Knight, the tasteful dashboard was a big factor to me too. The Mini's looks like a Playschool toy and the new Fiesta's looks like someone barfed a cell phone. In fact, the whole SX4 design, by Giugiaro, as in Maserati Ghibli, is timelessly graceful and pure functional Bauhaus. The only thing that seems not functional at first glance is the silver or black thing on the back bumper. However it is cheaply replaced and could save a bumper repaint. Also the tail could look too tall and trucklike without something there. In any case now that Mercedes and everybody else has one too I'm used to it. As far as sales go, well, nobody bought 1937 Cords either.

Avalanche
October 2nd, 2012, 11:45 PM
I too prefer traditional dashboard designs and all those gimmicky, sophisticated plastic moldings remind me of old Nokia phones and cheap no-name Chinese electronics (despite the difference in quality). On the outside, too many curving lines, fluid sculpturing and other edges don't do it for me, either.
I'd rather have a modest beauty in jeans and a t-shirt than a plain girl in haute couture and bling blings :D

Black Knight
October 3rd, 2012, 12:06 AM
I'd rather have a modest beauty in jeans and a t-shirt than a plain girl in haute couture and bling blings :D

Amen brother...

Thirty-Nine
October 9th, 2012, 08:32 AM
FYI, the complete US subcompact sales chart here:

http://www.subcompactculture.com/2012/10/september-2012-subcompact-sales.html

Pete the Pirate
October 9th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Every second car here is a Kia Soul. I saw one parked next to an old first generation Nissan Pathfinder and they are almost the same size.

bigcountry
October 9th, 2012, 06:14 PM
If my wife had a job I would have bought another one on the 72 months 0% interest. My Sx4 has over 100K on it and I haven't had any real trouble out of it. It runs better than my Dodge Van (that I got for $4000) and it only has 30K on it.

Thirty-Nine
October 10th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Every second car here is a Kia Soul. I saw one parked next to an old first generation Nissan Pathfinder and they are almost the same size.

True. However, a Toyota Yaris sedan is about the same size as an old Honda Accord, too.