PDA

View Full Version : 2014 SX4? Rear Exposed

Swift_Moves22
September 4th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Nice little article, shows a bit more detail, although you can only see the overall outlines of where the rear tail light assembly will be but seems to have a nice shape to it!
http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/spy-shots-suzuki-sx4-unintentionally-reveals-its-rear-end-ar134517.html

http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/crop/201209/2014-suzuki-sx4-6_1600x0w.jpg

My1stCar
September 4th, 2012, 05:52 PM
I see some qualities that match the sonic... idk if i like it...

http://media.caranddriver.com/images/11q4/424154/2013-chevrolet-sonic-rs-news-car-and-driver-photo-434370-s-429x262.jpg

http://www.thetorquereport.com/2012_chevy_sonic.jpg

AdR
September 4th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Kinda reminds me of an Outlander. Don't you think?

http://image.motortrend.com/f/41001666%2Bw786%2Bar1/2013-Mitsubishi-Outlander-Sport-rear-profile.jpg

My1stCar
September 4th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Kinda reminds me of an Outlander. Don't you think?

http://image.motortrend.com/f/41001666%2Bw786%2Bar1/2013-Mitsubishi-Outlander-Sport-rear-profile.jpg

I see that there too... le sigh, i love my car being unique and not some cookie cutter car that has the same front end as every other car offered by the manufacturer...

B-Spec
September 4th, 2012, 07:29 PM
I see a ton of test cars on a daily basis where I work. All the manufactures do their heat testing out here. I will keep my eyes peeled for an SX4..

Swift_Moves22
September 4th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Yes I definitely see a bit of Outlander as well as a bit of WRX too!
http://image.motortrend.com/f/33873009+w786+ar1/2011-subaru-impreza-WRX-rear-three-quarters-static-driver-2.jpg
Once fitted with the actual production tail light assembly (current one is just tail light pod used for testing purposes) we'll be able to tell much better how the new design is coming along. Less than a month away now for a full reveal of the S-Cross at the Paris Motor Show!
So many questions... is the spy photo above the replacement vehicle for SX4? Is it also the production version of the S-Cross? Or are the S-Cross and the SX4 replacement two seperate vehicles?
We'll find out soon! :)

Avalanche
September 4th, 2012, 11:29 PM
le sigh, i love my car being unique and not some cookie cutter car that has the same front end as every other car offered by the manufacturer...
+1
It seems to have not just the same front but the same overall shape, including the 3d window.
The previous Swift was so unique that even Skoda (VW actually) copied it and made Fabia II. The current Swift is a step down. It became more feminine and even the Sport version feels softer. :(
The current SX4 stands out in the crowd. A good Italian/Japanese concept and properly implemented. The replacement wants to join the anonymous mass. :mad:
The current Jimny is a gem. So, expect to see it go soon :crazy:

Thirty-Nine
September 5th, 2012, 09:01 AM
I kept thinking Mitsubishi Outlander, too.

punksmurph
September 5th, 2012, 10:54 AM
From the looks I think the SX4 will be in the compact class where it should have been all along, this will be a welcome change as there could be more storage room in the back. I just hope they don't hobble the next one with a terrible transmission, I am not wholly against CVT, but they need a better one than the older Jatco unit they have now.

Swift_Moves22
September 5th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Yes precisely, that has been one of SX4's biggest obstacles in the U.S. market, that is, class catagory it was slotted in due to its overall dimensions, the end result being that it was constantly mis-matched in comparisons against other vehicles of similar size rather than vehicles of similar use (ie awd vs awd) which it should have been. Many times this unfortunately gave the impression that SX4 was less than fuel efficient when compared to cars such as Corolla and Fit, even though in reality the SX4 was the most fuel efficient AWD car in the country at that time.
Bumping up the size of SX4 not only provides greater interior volume such as rear leg room cargo room which the current SX4 was a bit short on, but just as important it allows SX4 to compete in a class catagory for which its intended use most closely matches, and thus avoids the unfavorable comparisons to cars which aren't even AWD or that are intended to be econo-mizers.

In continuation, there are two other very important things that re-sizing of the SX4 accomplishes.
It greatly enhances the the potential appeal of the vehicle to the average consumer due to allowing for much greater versatility with enhanced front and rear leg room and greater rear cargo capacity. The improved dimensions of the next gen SX4 put it in a sweet spot when it comes to mass appeal based on convenience.
Lastly, the improved dimensions of SX4 are an integral part of the new model line-up strategy for 2014/2015 which will allow it to slot right below Grand Vitara and right above a more compact offering.

Whenever a model grows in dimensions there are always going to people who own current models that would prefer it stay the same size as well as those who couldn't be happier that the existing model is growing a bit.
Some SX4 owners feel the existing size of SX4 is perfect, where-as there are also SX4 owners that have outgrown the SX4 (their small children aren't so small anymore, new pets, needs changed) and a jump from the current SX4 to Grand Vitara was more than they are willing to do. A slightly larger SX4 will resolve all of that.
There are many great things to look forward to! :)

Pete the Pirate
September 5th, 2012, 05:26 PM
They may be listening, so I'll say get it designed in Italy again. Then bring over the Splash and Jinmey. The Swift would get lost in the crowd here, but the little 800 is so plain it has a certain appeal if it could be made to pass US regs. And make it a whole litre.

Avalanche
September 5th, 2012, 11:16 PM
Some SX4 owners feel the existing size of SX4 is perfect, where-as there are also SX4 owners that have outgrown the SX4 (their small children aren't so small anymore, new pets, needs changed) and a jump from the current SX4 to Grand Vitara was more than they are willing to do. A slightly larger SX4 will resolve all of that.

Can't deny this.
Maybe they ARE going to make another mini SUV or crossover that would be smaller than the next gen SX4, but if they want (God forbid) to make the next GV more SUV-like than an off-roader, the new SX4 will eat its sales. The optimist thinking is the next Grand Vitara will keep its offroad capabilities to make a difference between compact SUVs and tougher offerings.

AdR
September 6th, 2012, 03:59 AM
Can't deny this.
Maybe they ARE going to make another mini SUV or crossover that would be smaller than the next gen SX4, but if they want (God forbid) to make the next GV more SUV-like than an off-roader, the new SX4 will eat its sales. The optimist thinking is the next Grand Vitara will keep its offroad capabilities to make a difference between compact SUVs and tougher offerings.

When has the GV been an off roader? It does the job for cookie cutter offroading but I wouldn't say it's very capable. The 90 Vitaras are much more capable. The GV's approach/departure angles are horrible, sits too low to the ground, weighs more than a school bus and now only comes in the 4cyl to move all that mass with too little torque... It's completely the opposite from the Samurai, Sidekick, Vitaras that were stout and incredibly off road capable little buggers. Not the biggest in power but they were so lightweight that they didn't need to be.

Avalanche
September 6th, 2012, 05:37 AM
I am not saying GV is an off-roader, but it's one of the last compact SUVs that can do some offroading without a need to completely rebuild the whole thing. OFC, the previous GV or the Vitara were more like this, but now everyone is driving those cars on streets and roads only, with occasional turning into a dirt road, sand or grass. In Australia the GV is now also offered with RWD only, to cater to those customers. It won't be long until we see less than 5 true offroad cars on the market.

Pete the Pirate
September 6th, 2012, 08:03 AM
I'm new here, so forgive me if everyone already knows this. Our SX4 was designed by Giugiaro, and a Fiat badged clone is sold as the Fiat Sedici. A squared off body was also designed for a VW clone but was never built. Fiat is developing a new replacement called a 500 but based on, I believe, the same Alfa platform as the US market Dodge Dart. There will be a Jeep clone also as the last Grand Cherokee left Toledo August 16th. Ford thinks there's a market for compact SUV's with the new Escape ( Ecosport in India). I don't want to criticize anybody's Outlandish, I mean, Outlander, but our Sx4 is more graceful by far whether it's lowered, raised or stock height. It's design is IMO a classic.

Thirty-Nine
September 6th, 2012, 09:15 AM
I am not saying GV is an off-roader, but it's one of the last compact SUVs that can do some offroading without a need to completely rebuild the whole thing. OFC, the previous GV or the Vitara were more like this, but now everyone is driving those cars on streets and roads only, with occasional turning into a dirt road, sand or grass. In Australia the GV is now also offered with RWD only, to cater to those customers. It won't be long until we see less than 5 true offroad cars on the market.

Well, the GV has pretty piss-poor ground clearance and approach/departure angles. I think our Subaru Forester have more ground clearance and similar angles. With that being said, the GV is still available with a low-range transfer case in certain models, which is a HUGE help off road. Unfortunately, from an off-roader's perspective, the fully independent suspension isn't a plus when the going gets rough.

Check this guy's GV out. Small lift, bigger tires. Moab.

http://www.zukiworld.com/forum/adventure-forum/moab-trip-with-the-gv/

Avalanche
September 6th, 2012, 10:37 AM
We must be talking about different Grand Vitaras then.
Our spec GVs are nearly all with low-range gearing (except for the SWB 3d model). The angles are superior to Forester and lots of SUVs: 29 approach and 27 departure (vs. Forester: about 25 degrees both) and the ground clearance of 7.9" (200 mm) is at least better than in Toyota Rav4, Land Rover Freelander or Honda CR-V. The clearance can be easily enlarged, so it is not an issue.

AFAIK Grand Cherokee also has independent suspension but that doesn't mean you can't get off the road in it, does it?

Spoddy
September 6th, 2012, 12:30 PM
AFAIK Grand Cherokee also has independent suspension but that doesn't mean you can't get off the road in it, does it?
Getting off the road is never the problem.. :hi:

Avalanche
September 6th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Right :D It happens more often than drivers wish ;)

Thirty-Nine
September 7th, 2012, 09:16 AM
We must be talking about different Grand Vitaras then.
Our spec GVs are nearly all with low-range gearing (except for the SWB 3d model). The angles are superior to Forester and lots of SUVs: 29 approach and 27 departure (vs. Forester: about 25 degrees both) and the ground clearance of 7.9" (200 mm) is at least better than in Toyota Rav4, Land Rover Freelander or Honda CR-V. The clearance can be easily enlarged, so it is not an issue.

US-spec 2010 vehicles (should be the same as 2012):

Ground clearance/Approach Angle/Breakover Angle/Departure Angle

Subaru Forester...........8.9" 25 21 25
Suzuki Grand Vitara V6...7.9" 29 19 27

Ask any avid off-roader if they'd rather have a solid axle or an independent suspension. I'm guessing 100% of them would rather have at least a solid rear axle. I know I would. I've driven the Grand Cherokee off road, and it does fine on many trails. However, in bigger rock sections, they'll lift wheels and such. A fully independent suspension will be fine for most people, but for people who actually go on off-road trails, solid axles are still hard to beat for performance and durability. There's a reason the Jeep Wrangler still has solid front and rear suspensions.

Avalanche
September 7th, 2012, 09:29 AM
So the GV does have better approach and departure angles. With better ground clearance no wonder SF has a better breakover angle, but again you can always get it lifted.
OFC everyone knows that solid axles rule in the real rough terrain.

Thirty-Nine
September 7th, 2012, 09:46 AM
I'd still love to see the next-gen GV become a popular crossover and Suzuki import the Jimny for the off-road crowd. That is, unless, the Jimny becomes a Swift-based crossover.

http://www.subcompactculture.com/2012/09/is-this-next-suzuki-jimny.html

Avalanche
September 8th, 2012, 02:55 AM
This looks quite good actually.
I hope Suzuki won't kill the idea of Jimny and GV but won't mind if they come up with some softer, more car-like SUVs to meet the demand.

Avalanche
September 9th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Another teaser picture, but looks slightly different and I'm not sure about the source:
http://www.best-car-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Suzuki-S-Cross-Concept-new-teaser-photo_1.gif

My1stCar
September 9th, 2012, 10:52 AM
I Like the lights down by the tail light. It reminds me of a body kit that had reverse lights down there, kinda neat. Those replace the other reflectors I guess.

Not sure if i like them being so square and jagged though... idk, guess we will see the final product

De Melo
September 9th, 2012, 01:57 PM
If that's the sx4 rear end I'm liking it or it can be the new Kizashi station wagon that could possibly be for production. Suzuki must have something good up there sleeve, only time can tell.

Pete the Pirate
September 9th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Fiat is debuting their new improved Panda at the Paris Auto show soon and will bring it here. The shape is good, the back is... cute? Not pretty. Could it share structure with a new SX4? The SX4 teaser picture with the lights on looks real fine.

Wagoneer
September 9th, 2012, 07:26 PM
I have to say there are some interesting rumours coming out about the new line-up and I'm quite interested to see what's actually going to happen. Whatever happens I just hope that they stick to their roots and don't go the bland and boring soft-crossover route like everyone else is doing. And for the love of all that is holy bring some of these new models to the north america.

Maiden69
September 10th, 2012, 05:49 AM
I Like the lights down by the tail light. It reminds me of a body kit that had reverse lights down there, kinda neat. Those replace the other reflectors I guess.

Not sure if i like them being so square and jagged though... idk, guess we will see the final product
You probably won't see those lights in the US version, they look as they are the fog lights (or the placement is close to) on the European vehicles.

Another teaser picture, but looks slightly different and I'm not sure about the source:
http://www.best-car-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Suzuki-S-Cross-Concept-new-teaser-photo_1.gif
That looks promising, but the front looks huge, at least under the black covers, so I don't know how I feel about it just yet.

Avalanche
September 10th, 2012, 06:15 AM
If the front comes out ugly new owners will have to make sure other drivers will only see them from behind :D

carcrazy003
September 10th, 2012, 09:28 AM

I like it. Looks unique and sporty, hopefully the front end looks just as good.

Capoken
September 10th, 2012, 09:35 AM
I like it, whether it be for am SX4 or Kizashi wagon. If they are this far along I can't imagine they'll wait until 2015. I am optimistic that we will see this, whatever it is, as a 2014 model.

Vibral
September 10th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Dear Suzuki,

If the front looks as good as this back end teaser looks and you use my favorite five letter word as a trim level you have my money.
That five letter word if your wondering is T U R B O its the five letter word that makes me Go!

Suk SX4
September 10th, 2012, 03:07 PM
According to the pics website verbage, it seems to me that the S-cross is not the same SX4: What is the 'original S_Cross' anyways? Unique? Separate from the SX4?

"Suzuki has a new teaser photo of the 'original S-Cross' who will officially present the report in Paris. This is a crossover car of the C class with Suzuki stating that combines the feeling of quality and aerodynamics. SX4 will replace the original field lines characterized by having LED daytime running lights. More details about it will know where to Paris at the Suzuki booth there will be the Alto, Splash, Swift, Swift Sport, SX4, Jimny and Grand Vitara. The production version will probably occur at the Geneva Show in March 2013"

We'll just have to wait a few more days.

Avalanche
September 10th, 2012, 03:11 PM
As I see it, S-Cross is a replacement for the current SX4, while they also work on a Swift-based small SUV (actually the current SX4 uses a Swift platform as well), a concept of which was presented last year (X-Alpha). Still, it's all pretty confusing.

Pete the Pirate
September 23rd, 2012, 04:40 PM
Avalanche, the new CarDekho update I just got shows these pics and predicts it will be called the S Cross at the Paris Auto show next Friday. They think it will replace the SX4. They say our car was a joint project with Fiat but the S Cross will be an all Suzuki design. What I think must be the Swift based crossover that you mentioned is called Ertiga and to me nicely continues the Aerio to its next step. There is also a new WagonR that is an efficient use of space but has no sporty aspirations that I can see.

Avalanche
September 26th, 2012, 11:06 AM
There you go, fellahs

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Zud0ZZvloco/UGMzDQiuQgI/AAAAAAAJOHE/jId2aKmakRo/s800/Suzuki-S-Cross-01.jpg

More here:
http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2012/09/suzuki-s-cross-concept-comes-under.html

WV.SX4
September 26th, 2012, 01:01 PM
i just threw up a little in my mouth

johnsnownw
September 26th, 2012, 01:40 PM
I like it.

carcrazy003
September 26th, 2012, 01:50 PM
I like it...but would like to see it in red or black.

enbieq
September 26th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Pretty good and original..not much like anything else

Avalanche
September 26th, 2012, 02:31 PM
I quite like its overall shape but ... who on earth choses those colors?!

De Melo
September 26th, 2012, 02:38 PM
I like it but it looks more like a grand vatara replacement. It looks a little to big to be in the small car segment but overall nice. I wonder what a sedan would look like if its to replace the sx4.

johnsnownw
September 26th, 2012, 02:48 PM
I like it but it looks more like a grand viatara replacement. It looks a little to big to be in the small car segment but overall nice.

Looks to possibly be a true crossover, in between the Vitara and SX4. I don't care what it says in the Suzuki brochures, my Sx4 is a hatchback.

Suk SX4
September 26th, 2012, 03:04 PM
I like it, except for the chrome stuff. And yes, in black. I wonder how they'll have a roof rack with that curved roof though.
However, I still like the XA ALPHA better for it's utilitarian/off road look. ground clearance, approach angle, etc....http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2012/01/suzuki-lifts-covers-off-new-xa-alpha.html

carcrazy003
September 26th, 2012, 03:12 PM
I guessing the new GV might take some styling bits from the alpha. The s-cross does look bigger almost the samr size as the current GV.

De Melo
September 26th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Suzuki is definitely going in the right direction, The concepts look refreshing, and promising. Lets hope they market these cars with a vengeance in North America and not repeat the past.

Die trying
September 26th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Dual exhaust to me suggests it is based on the kizashi which also features a similar exhaust. I hope this is not the replacement for the sx4, i won't buy one. Too crossoverish. I like the hatchback look much more than the "i dont know if i am a wagon or an suv" look of the s cross.

Thirty-Nine
September 26th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Well, those renderings don't do anything for me, personally. I look forward to seeing a production version.

carcrazy003
September 26th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Well, those renderings don't do anything for me, personally. I look forward to seeing a production version.

True. Usually the concept is worlds apart from the production car. I wonder if there will be a glimpse of the interior.

Avalanche
September 26th, 2012, 10:43 PM
The production version has been in road tests for a few months now. Check out previous pictures in this thread. The overall shape is the same, the lights (or the place for them) seem to be similar, but the rear window and the area around the license plate are different.
If you look here:
http://images.cardekho.com/images/carnews/Maruti/2014-Suzuki-SX4-3.jpg
you will see the exhaust is single and leaning down. Maybe the opening wil be in the body, like in Kizashi :confused:

AFAIK the production will start in January 2013.

Suuzuukii
September 26th, 2012, 11:26 PM
Suzuki S-Cross - PICTURES (http://www.auto.cz/suzuki-s-cross-predzvest-pristiho-sx4-70020)

Avalanche
September 26th, 2012, 11:52 PM
Suzuki S-Cross - PICTURES (http://www.auto.cz/suzuki-s-cross-predzvest-pristiho-sx4-70020)
Yeah, we know. They've been posted before ;)

Capoken
September 27th, 2012, 07:10 AM
I really like the look of the pics from the Paris show this morning. The size looks just right for me and it is a very good looking vehicle. Suzuki just needs to satisfy my wish list and it will be my next car. It looks WAY better than the new impreza.

Pete the Pirate
September 27th, 2012, 07:59 AM
It looks good but I don't want a bigger SX4. An extra 4" of metal and plastic is cheap, and Americans will always think bigger is better. This causes reverse evolution and ends with things like the Lincoln Continental MK IV. With anything, really, but especially anything that moves, less is more. If it's a new car, or a smaller GV, fine.

Thirty-Nine
September 27th, 2012, 08:06 AM
I really like the look of the pics from the Paris show this morning. The size looks just right for me and it is a very good looking vehicle. Suzuki just needs to satisfy my wish list and it will be my next car. It looks WAY better than the new impreza.

I saw the pics this morning, too, and it's still a bit vanilla for me. It's inoffensive enough, but nothing about that concept is emotive for me.

I personally like the new Impreza, by the way (I was going to buy one, but got the Forester instead). However, there is a bit of Dodge Caliber in the new Impreza's shape, which is somewhat of a turnoff, though ...

Again, I really look forward to seeing the production version of the S-Cross. The big questions are, of course, will it come to the U.S.? It seems like a no brainer, since the crossover market is so popular.

Personally, I'd love to know, assuming the vehicle does come to the U.S., how Suzuki plans to make it successful? Kizashi has already proved that it's not a "if they build it, they will come" kinda thing in the U.S. auto market. I loved the Kizashi; it's a damn good car, and yet they don't sell hardly any of them. It seemed like it should've been a home run, despite the fact lots of people think it's a sil

The compact crossover market is no less crowded and no less competitive than D-segment (or bigger C-segment) that the Kizashi plays in. Why would anyone buy an S-Cross compared to a RAV4, CR-V, Escape, Equinox, CX-5, Tiguan, Outlander Sport, Patriot, Forester, Rogue, Sportage, Tucson, etc.?

I think it'll take some marketing genius to get this company's brand recognition up so people will consider the S-Cross or any other new Suzuki product, for that matter.

Capoken
September 27th, 2012, 08:24 AM
I totally agree. My theory is that Suzuki will HAVE to create an entire new US marketing strategy. But it does not make sense to unleash that strategy unless you have some new product. So hopefully with the S-cross will come a new nationwide campaign. Because you are right, the Kizashi is ignored by the market even though it's a great car. I like it a lot, but no one else ever heard of it. Even if I mention it to other car people - they are like - what is a Kizashi?

Avalanche
September 27th, 2012, 08:35 AM
The side line is quite nice, too.
http://www.v10.pl/archiwum/serwis_informacyjny/aktualnosci/suzuki/s_cross/suzuki_s_cross_concept_paris__7.jpg

Pete the Pirate
September 27th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Our SX4's sit on a tire footrint almost identical to a last generation Camaro, without all the overhang. The Camaro is 500 lbs heavier and with the 3800 V6, almost twice the displacement, the highway gas mileage approaches the same as an SX4 as the speed goes up and equals it about 80. So if this S Cross is meant to improve the aerodynamics and mileage, it could be an inevitable replacement. The production version will guaranteed not be as snarky though, and I like the open feeling of the big windows of our car.

De Melo
September 27th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Actually from the side view and car in relation to the women standing,the car looks small. It appears to be the same size of the sx4. I take it back when I said its as big as the Vatara.

Here is a couple you tube video on the s cross.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6oJ8aMR5NE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5VHmUhU46k

P.S. Someone please photchop this car I need to know what it looks like lowered if its going to be the next SX4 lol.

ChoppedBroccoli
September 27th, 2012, 01:47 PM
From the press release [http://www.autoblog.com/2012/09/27/suzuki-s-cross-concept-paris-2012/] it is 4310mm long or about 169.6 inches, which I think is hitting a sweet spot. I think that the increase in size is fine as the current 163 inches is a tweener size and a bit small for the American market. The extra 6 inches should net a decent amount of cargo space with the seats up. It allows for people with active lifestyles to bring some amount of cargo on a trip with 4 people and also allows people in their 20's to buy this car and not feel like they have to immediately sell it when they have a kid.

The size increase brings it out of the Honda fit range and into the Outlander Sport range, yet it still looks smaller than the Outlander Sport. Also, the concept seems to have a higher ride height without looking tall, but that might be an illusion. Frankly I do not like the concept finishes (chrome/metal everywhere) but the design is OK, so assuming the make it body color moldings instead it will look much cleaner in production.

I also agree with others that we are looking at the next SX4.

johnsnownw
September 27th, 2012, 02:06 PM
The more pictures/video the more I like it.

The argument, Thirty-Nine makes as to why one would buy this over the other major players is a good one. I think if they keep much of the styling in the concept you have a car that looks different than the others. IMHO, the Rav4 and CR-V are boring as watching paint dry...in looks and performance. A lot of it's potential market will inevitably depend on price and fuel efficiency. So, I hope they pay close attention to both...well...and market it a little.

Avalanche
September 27th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Incidentally, if you read the press release, they say they're going to launch a new model every year from 2013 on. So, get ready for a new Jimny, Vitara and who knows what :)

De Melo
September 27th, 2012, 04:16 PM
I just hope they don't water down to much of the exterior like they did with the Kizashi. The Kizashi concepts where unique and different that left a lasting impression. I hope suzuki is not afraid to think outside the box with this concept like Nissan did with the juke and Hyundai did with the veloster. Suzuki does have a winner, but just market the damn thing. More I see it the more I like it.

Suk SX4
September 27th, 2012, 07:38 PM
So the S-Cross is NOT the SX4: "The new crossover will join the Alto, Splash, Swift, SX4, Kizashi, Jimny and Grand Vitara in a line-up which already includes A-, B- and D-segment passenger cars and SUVs."- press release. Also, the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv39Co866VY + http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5VHmUhU46k

The SX4 will continue. Where's the new SX4 Suzuki and where's the Jimny in the US:(?!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAc9v1MXkCU&feature=relmfu

Pete the Pirate
September 27th, 2012, 09:52 PM
I'm glad it's not too big. Agree it looks way better than the Rav4, CR-V and to me better than the Outlander and Escape. Very graceful. May not look as good as an SX4 if it's lifted but lowered it will look great.

Capoken
September 28th, 2012, 08:54 AM
http://www.caranddriver.com/news/suzuki-s-cross-concept-photos-and-info-news

This is a nice write up of the unveiling. Although they gave a strange answer when asked about the US. Is this because their future is uncertain? Or is this just C&D's impression because they already have that preconceived notion.

Pete the Pirate
September 28th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Mr. Ayukawa defined inscrutable there. They probably honestly don't know. Ford just closed a Belgian plant and will send cars to Europe from here. They also are full steam ahead on the 1.0 turbo 3 cyl in the Fiesta, as though they expect oil supplies to be shall we say disrupted. The 40 Ford had Seargent stripes for taillights two years before Pearl Harbor. Is that Crystal Ball in their old ads real? Maybe they start the wars themselves:eek:

Pete the Pirate
September 29th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Dimensions vary depending on the source but it's about the size of the new AWD 140 HP Chevy Trax. The Trax is not hideous but far more trucklike than the S-Cross . The Trax is to be sold in 140 countries but Chevy does not plan to bring the Trax to America.