PDA

View Full Version : suzuki s-cross sx4 replacement or just a bigger brother?

Die trying
August 10th, 2012, 11:14 AM
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1078399_suzuki-teases-new-s-cross-concept-ahead-of-paris-auto-show

Caterham
August 10th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Interesting to see which. Thanks.

Die trying
August 10th, 2012, 01:04 PM
The sx4 was based on the swift, i wonder if the s cross is kizashi based or if it is an all new chassis. I hope this is not a replacement for the sx4 though. I would lije to see the swift and sx4 sold along side it. Suzuki would have the advantage of offering the right size awd vehicle to meet the consumer's needs if they offered the awd swift, sx4, s cross, and kizashi but if they dont advertise and dont build their dealership network i dont think it will matter

punksmurph
August 10th, 2012, 08:44 PM
I hope the S-Cross is based on the Kizashi and that it will slot in between the Grand Vitara and the Kizashi. That way there is still a decent off roader and a soft roader in the same size category. Get a new SX4 based off the new lighter Swift and rock the forced induction and we have a winner.

johnsnownw
August 11th, 2012, 08:06 AM
The S-Cross sounds all well and good, but where's my X-Head...I ask you...WHERE?

Capoken
August 11th, 2012, 11:59 AM
I think it is the next SX4. "S-CROSS" An X is a cross right? I think they are giving us a big hint with that name.

jskandhari
August 12th, 2012, 01:00 AM
So Szuki is getting all serious with this X thing..

Sx4 ( Already present )
X-Aplha - Concept of Compact SUV unveiled at Indian Auto Expo
S-Cross "X"

SX4_VX_H3
August 12th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Yum, me likey!
http://www.cartrade.com/car-bike-news/auto-expo-2012-exclusive-images-of-maruti-suzuki-s-concept-compact-suv-xa-alpha-launch-at-the-auto-expo-115686.html

mbs1
August 13th, 2012, 12:40 PM
The sx4 was based on the swift, i wonder if the s cross is kizashi based or if it is an all new chassis. I hope this is not a replacement for the sx4 though. I would lije to see the swift and sx4 sold along side it. Suzuki would have the advantage of offering the right size awd vehicle to meet the consumer's needs if they offered the awd swift, sx4, s cross, and kizashi but if they dont advertise and dont build their dealership network i dont think it will matter

There is one mistery: car we saw as a concept (actualy prototype) in India and the car we saw heavily masked on the roads in Spain are not the same. They are not even close: European version is longer and lower, Indian version is shorter and higher. Sideviews of those two cars are very, very different. European version have front grill similar to SX4 and Indian version have front grill similar to Jimny. Indian vesion looks more like small SUV than crossover. That's my opinion.
But there is no doubht: both models are based on Swift, European should be replacement for SX4, and this Indian concept maybe some new class between Swift and SX4: it's dimensions are almost identical to KIA Soul except it is a little bit wider. It should probably fit the same class as Nissan Juke.

jskandhari
August 13th, 2012, 06:13 PM
@Mbs The Indian version could be the X-Alpha and the European one could be the S-Cross
http://turbosandpistonz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=125&t=994

Thirty-Nine
August 16th, 2012, 01:28 PM
The sketch of the S-cross looks nothing like the X-Alpha, though. I'm betting this is a crossover based on the Kizashi chassis. Just my uneducated guess.

Die trying
August 16th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Thats my guess too. I hope that is the case. Even better if it really is turbo. My wife wants a kizashi and we are going to the stealership tonight but im half tempted to wait for the s cross to debut. It would be just my luck to buy a kizashi and then find out there is a turbo on the way. I still havent gotten over buying my 09 and then the 10s came out with more hp, vvt, and an extra gear.

Avalanche
August 18th, 2012, 01:18 AM
I don't like what I see in the teaser picture. I guess I'll have to stick to my SX4 and not upgrade. There are dozens of crossovers and compact SUVs already. What were they thinking? The segment is crowded. The present SX4 has little competition in its size segment and they are going to roll off just another dull compact SUV, looking like Mazda, Subaru, Opel/Buick or Ford?
Meh.
So far, I am disappointed.

Wagoneer
August 20th, 2012, 11:00 PM
I agree with Avalanche. If it is a crossover based on the Kizashi chassis then it's headed into a very crowded market. Suzuki has a very weird way of thinking. It came out with the Kizashi which is in the most crowded segment ever - midsize sedan, now it wants to make a crossover? I think Suzuki needs to focus on the one thing it's good at, making cars that don't really fit in anywhere.

I'm not saying the Kizashi is awesome - because it is and this new crossover might be equally as good - I'm just saying how are they going to get buyers to look at their product instead of the 20 other cars out there when the other guys advertise more, have a better dealer network etc etc etc.

punksmurph
August 21st, 2012, 12:59 AM
I agree with Avalanche. If it is a crossover based on the Kizashi chassis then it's headed into a very crowded market. Suzuki has a very weird way of thinking. It came out with the Kizashi which is in the most crowded segment ever - midsize sedan, now it wants to make a crossover? I think Suzuki needs to focus on the one thing it's good at, making cars that don't really fit in anywhere.

I'm not saying the Kizashi is awesome - because it is and this new crossover might be equally as good - I'm just saying how are they going to get buyers to look at their product instead of the 20 other cars out there when the other guys advertise more, have a better dealer network etc etc etc.

It helps draw in buyers, Suzuki knows it is low volume, one more car in the line up in a popular segment might draw people in. It could mean sales of other vehicles as most houses in the US have 2 cars.

Thirty-Nine
August 21st, 2012, 08:10 AM
It helps draw in buyers, Suzuki knows it is low volume, one more car in the line up in a popular segment might draw people in. It could mean sales of other vehicles as most houses in the US have 2 cars.

QFT!

We need a car that is going to bring buyers into the Suzuki brand. Crossovers are hot sellers these days, and Suzuki lacks one to compete against the CR-V, RAV4, Rogue, CX-5, Tucson, Sportage, Equinox, Terrain, Escape, etc., etc., etc. And no, the ancient Grand Vitara isn't winning over many new customers.

It's actually quite a bit like Subaru used to be. I remember back in the late 1990s when people were crying out for the WRX, and Subaru wouldn't bring it over. But, it started selling some cars, then more performance-oriented vehicles (Ahem ... WRX, STI, turbo Forester, etc.) all started to show up.

A popular Suzuki crossover could be a foot in the door for other models.

Die trying
August 21st, 2012, 09:48 AM
We went to look at the kizashi and bought an sx4. A new model will bring people into showrooms, from there it's in the hands of the sales people. A good sales staff will turn some of those lookers into buyers.

SX4rocious
August 21st, 2012, 10:01 AM
funny, I was looking for a Honda fit and bought an SX4..... From a Honda lot nontheless. Something new and interesting that doesn't look like a Kia soul would be nice, but without the proper marketing, no one is even going to know there's a new boy in town.

Avalanche
August 21st, 2012, 01:46 PM
Speaking of Honda, I always wanted this one:

http://tuningcars.us/albums/userpics/10001/Custom_Honda_Prelude_4_282329.jpg

but perhaps only lowered, without ricer tuning accessories.

1stnfoxboro
August 24th, 2012, 06:26 PM
here's where I stand with Suzuki. I have owned a swift, esteem, and 2 - SX4s. I loved my swift, and I love the sx4. The esteem was ehh- but never had a problem with it for 89k I owned it. Anyway - big fan of Suzuki but .... where did they go?!! My dealership -- gone. All the advertising on TV -- gone. New products and updates - gone haven't had any since the kizashi. Anyway my point is without dealerships near by and solid positive marketing saying "Hey we are back- better than ever!!" it doesnt matter what they create for new vehicles cause no is going to know about them or trust that suzuki is here to stay. Hate to say it but without a dealer closer than 150 miles- - this is my last Suzuki.