PDA

View Full Version : New truck...

Mrs_Suicide
August 7th, 2012, 06:46 PM
My husband got himself a new toy... More pics and details later cuz we just got it today... But we got a dang good deal.

1998 f150.
125k miles
Supercharged w/ 500hp
8 inch lift
36x15" tires and 18" forged wheels
7" color-touch screen navigation/cd/dvd
2 12" subs

Got it for $5500! My husband is a happy camper! Now time for his 300+HP racecar to go bye bye

http://img.tapatalk.com/a6935999-c530-3a23.jpg

EricDavis621
August 7th, 2012, 09:04 PM
Looks badass, tires are sick, lol. Love the stance.

tread83
August 7th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Hey Congrats! Happy rambling!

Wagoneer
August 7th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Finally something that your SX4 is more fuel efficient than :P

Schultzey
August 7th, 2012, 11:20 PM
Congrats on the truck! It looks like a lot of fun.

Mrs_Suicide
August 8th, 2012, 05:26 AM
Finally something that your SX4 is more fuel efficient than :P

Dont jynx me! Lol

johnsnownw
August 8th, 2012, 07:11 AM
I don't like it. I mean, think about how much fun you're going to have with 500HP...too much fun if you ask me. Nope, I don't like an over abundance of fun...I'm more of a mediocre fun loving kind of guy :P

Mrs_Suicide
August 8th, 2012, 08:53 AM
I don't like it. I mean, think about how much fun you're going to have with 500HP...too much fun if you ask me. Nope, I don't like an over abundance of fun...I'm more of a mediocre fun loving kind of guy :P

Yeah I know what you mean, Adrenaline is a nasty drug.... once you get an Adrenaline High for the first time, there is no going back... and you will just be an Adrenaline Junkie the rest of your life, and who wants to live a life full of action packed, pure Adrenaline? :)

Mrs_Suicide
September 22nd, 2012, 05:24 PM
We took the truck to the sand dunes today.... We made it about 40 ft before we got stuck! Lmao we had to have some little jeep with a winch pull us out and we almost creamed the side of the truck on the big posts around the parking lot. Lol lesson learned. Now he wants to sell the truck and go back to our quads :)

Pete the Pirate
September 22nd, 2012, 05:27 PM
If that thing can't do it it can't be done.

Wagoneer
September 22nd, 2012, 06:03 PM
Lmao we had to have some little jeep with a winch pull us out and we almost creamed the side of the truck on the big posts around the parking lot. Lol lesson learned.
That's embarrassing. That's when you tell everyone it's your friends truck and you're borrowing it ;)

How did you get stuck in the dunes with tires that are as wide as they are tall?!

AdR
September 22nd, 2012, 07:35 PM
We took the truck to the sand dunes today.... We made it about 40 ft before we got stuck! Lmao we had to have some little jeep with a winch pull us out and we almost creamed the side of the truck on the big posts around the parking lot. Lol lesson learned. Now he wants to sell the truck and go back to our quads :)

Sand dunes + heavy trucks is usually not the best mix but it can be done. Next time lower the tire pressure and be sure to not let it dig in for too long.

Mrs_Suicide
September 22nd, 2012, 09:49 PM
Lol psi was down between 5-10 lol can't get much lower than that lol

Wagoneer
September 23rd, 2012, 01:44 AM
Lol psi was down between 5-10 lol can't get much lower than that lol
Wow, 5psi is beadlock territory. Does it have lockers or just open diffs?

AdR
September 23rd, 2012, 04:22 AM
It must be extremely heavy. I've ridden the dunes in a Cherokee with 31x10.5 tires at 15ish psi without issues and it has open diffs. Must have been really loose sand. I still don't think it's reason to sell the truck, getting stuck is half the fun :D

Mrs_Suicide
September 23rd, 2012, 06:47 AM
Did i ever mention this truck is 2wd? Lol

scottsdc
September 23rd, 2012, 10:47 AM
Now you can sell it ^^

Caterham
September 23rd, 2012, 10:58 AM
Ban them both!!!!!! :hi:

AdR
September 23rd, 2012, 11:26 AM

:rolleyes: Sell it... LOL!

Mrs_Suicide
September 23rd, 2012, 03:57 PM
lol I think he's gonna! lol it cracks me up. it was fun while it lasted

Pete the Pirate
September 23rd, 2012, 04:05 PM
You could sell the wheels and lower it, set it up to handle better. Black painted white spoke wheels are cheap and just copy Lightning stuff for sizes and specs.

Wagoneer
September 23rd, 2012, 06:49 PM
What the... 2wd?! That explains a lot.

Unless you have something light like a buggy, stay away from sand with 2wd ;)

Mrs_Suicide
September 23rd, 2012, 09:24 PM
What the... 2wd?! That explains a lot.

Unless you have something light like a buggy, stay away from sand with 2wd ;)

yeah the previous owners told us he took it out onto the dunes all the time and never had a problem... I think he was not telling us the whole truth there....

EricDavis621
September 23rd, 2012, 09:52 PM
....Do you guys have any pics from the dunes?

AdR
September 24th, 2012, 03:33 AM
yeah the previous owners told us he took it out onto the dunes all the time and never had a problem... I think he was not telling us the whole truth there....

He probably took it to the dunes, unloaded his ATV's and that's he meant with taking it "to the dunes". Lol. I've had to winch so many people out of the dunes that I spend more time getting them out than having fun. I've winched stock Wranglers (JK's) out due to their stock tires.

jute2003
September 24th, 2012, 06:27 AM
That Jacked up size compensator is only 2wd? meh disappointing

The Shadow
September 24th, 2012, 06:56 AM
Did I ever mention, this truck is 2wd? Lol

You really didn't have to. Ford doesn't make a 4WD F150.
Converting that buggy to 4WD, would make it a real 'Go Anywhere' kind of vehicle. Maybe even a rock crawler!

Like the man said, "getting stuck is half the fun". Yeah, as long as you know how to get UN-STUCK.
Even a winch is worthless, if you have nothing to hook the cable to.

I buried the front of my SX4, one day, till the front bumper was sitting flat on the ground. Then I remembered I was in 2WD.
Oooops! After shifting to 4WD/Lock, I backed her right out of there. There is just NO replacement for a good 4WD.

That truck would probably do better at the Drag Strip, than in the dunes. Eh?

Cheers Mates!
The Shadow :cool:

AdR
September 24th, 2012, 09:31 AM
You really didn't have to. Ford doesn't make a 4WD F150.

Depends on your definition of 4WD... They do make 4x4 F150s which is a 4WD system.

Mrs_Suicide
September 24th, 2012, 11:35 AM
I only took one picture but it wasnt very good. Tapatalk isn't letting me upload it for some reason.... And the previous owner specifically said he took the truck on the sand and never had any problems... But maybe that was early in the season when everything is still wet sand... Oh well.... This has convinced my husband that we need quads again and that is the way to go... Yay

yakfishgoguy'11
September 24th, 2012, 12:07 PM
why would anyone do that to a 2wd truck? what a waste. need to drop it and put some wide slicks and take it to drag strip