PDA

View Full Version : 404 error

whitelightning777
June 23rd, 2012, 01:51 PM
When I try to get the full site from my phone (blackberry style) from opera mini, it says resource not found.

How can I get the full site to appear?

The full site works fine on my playbook tablet and my linux mint laptop.

Solved: If you go to the address bar you will see that /forum/forum is part of the address. Delete the second /forum and the full site comes up. Save this to your favorites or bookmarks.

Your mileage will vary as to how well you can edit posts, but at least you will be able to read older postings. Making new threads may or may not work. Editing posts you created already will not work probably. Replies may work, but get it right the first time.

You must click on the word Source, which is by the Remove Format option to enlarge the Window enough to type in something.

The full site works just fine with my blackberry playbook, but if you are bridging from your phone away from wireless, the mobile site may appear. Heck, any 3g or 4g tether might get the mobile site instead of the full one. This is important because the full site can work just fine with laptops and tablets. My phone only bridges to my tablet and adds no cost to my data plan.

I hope this helps someone.

Audiopudding
June 23rd, 2012, 02:19 PM
Didn't have a problem on my iphone 4s this afternoon over 3g or wifi.

AdR
June 23rd, 2012, 04:08 PM
The error has been happening to me on my pc for a couple of days now. It seems as the redirect from the primary page is a little iffy. It sometimes does it and sometimes it's all good.