PDA

View Full Version : Post your Piggyback tunes here

bottlecape30
June 7th, 2012, 09:34 PM
So in responce to some inquries that i recived about my tune I figured I would start this thread where we can post up our tunes. It will be important that we list as much info about your setup as possible so people have some idea of what the tune is for.

I started with the base RRM tune and tweaked and smoothed abit to run better on my car. My set up is on a 2007 SX4 AWD hatch with 64000 miles. I have a MCS cold air intake, ground kit, piggyback (duh) and partly hollowed cat. I'm running 91 octane at the lowest but run 93 most of the time.
Pretty much everything under the 2.5v mark is untouched which means it stays at 10. Like i said this is a work in progress and you are using this at your own risk. PM me if you would like me to send you the file.
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x260/bottlecape30/Suzuki91octane.jpg

Schultzey
June 10th, 2012, 02:55 PM
That is great you are tuning the PSC1-003 piggyback. I have not had time to fine tune mine. Are you tuning to try and get the best mileage out of your car? I tried the tune running 93 octane and with your tune. It seemed like if you did not have any problems with it you could get great mileage. There were a few times when I tested it out that the engine hesitated a little bit. Be careful to not lean it out too much. :)

bottlecape30
June 11th, 2012, 07:28 PM
I was just smoothing things out in fact i only made the mix richer then what RRM had there tune, at no point did i lean it. It still needs some work and I would like to lean out the low RPM and low load areas to see if i can get better milage, yet still get a performance boost in the high RPM high load areas.

Your header tune was way richer the anything my car has ever run at. My car didn't much care for that tune. Luckly I was able to recover the RRM stock tune to work from, and then got this one dialed in.

Schultzey
June 11th, 2012, 07:45 PM
I was just smoothing things out in fact i only made the mix richer then what RRM had there tune, at no point did i lean it. It still needs some work and I would like to lean out the low RPM and low load areas to see if i can get better milage, yet still get a performance boost in the high RPM high load areas.

Your header tune was way richer the anything my car has ever run at. My car didn't much care for that tune. Luckly I was able to recover the RRM stock tune to work from, and then got this one dialed in.

A value of more than 10 richens the fuel mixture. A value of less than 10 leans it out. ;)

bottlecape30
June 16th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Yeah I know. RRM's stock tune is super lean I only richened from what they had. That said my tune was way leaner then yours.

Schultzey
June 17th, 2012, 10:01 PM
I see. I don't have RRMs baseline piggy tune to compare to. Glad you are getting it dialed in.

EricDavis621
June 17th, 2012, 11:11 PM
I haven't tuned mine since I installed it a year ago...I actually don't know where my cd is that came with it, or where I would get it tuned at. I'de like to, but not really sure where I would start.

bottlecape30
June 18th, 2012, 08:07 PM
I haven't tuned mine since I installed it a year ago...I actually don't know where my cd is that came with it, or where I would get it tuned at. I'de like to, but not really sure where I would start.

You can get the R4 controller software from splitsecond or from this link http://www.mediafire.com/?mnzjwjjiz25
When you strat tuning you should be using a wideband air fuel gauge with a wideband O2 sensor. I recommend the innovate lc-1 (cheap and easy to use) once you have that you can look at where you are leaning out or running rich and make adjustments. I normally have my brother sit in the passanger seat take notes and make little changes and then he drives for a bit and i make some changes. You can also set up some dyno time, but i think that is limited as you rarely drive like that on the street.

Die trying
July 14th, 2012, 11:23 PM
Mods can you sticky this?