PDA

View Full Version : ROAD/RACE Jeep Feature

ROCK
May 22nd, 2012, 09:56 PM
Check out this feature on our JEEP. We made it to the media. YEA. Enjoy our other creations

http://www.off-road.com/jeep/project/shop-project-road-race-motorsports-2012-jeep-wrangler-53451.html

ROAD/RACE

Wagoneer
May 22nd, 2012, 11:09 PM
LOVE the rigid industries LED bar. That was what I originally wanted to mount on my light bar (albeit the smaller version) but I couldn't justify the cost. I heard they're just amazing though. Some day I'll upgrade...

Awesome truck. I think you've covered every single area possible on this rig. There's nothing left you'd ever want!

Crossover Zack
May 23rd, 2012, 10:05 AM
i like the grab bar for the people in the back seat.

ROCK
May 23rd, 2012, 10:34 AM
I think we did cover it all. There is nothing left, really. I have gone out with it and it outperformed most everything in our group. Thnx

ROAD/RACE

EricDavis621
May 23rd, 2012, 10:54 AM
You need to come out with stuff like that for our SX4's. Seriously.

ROCK
May 23rd, 2012, 06:29 PM
Seriously send out your car to RRM and we will make that thing a MONSTER JEEP. IF that is what you need, we will do it custom for you.

ROAD/RACE

EricDavis621
May 24th, 2012, 12:58 AM
I'm working on it myself, but I hear ya. I'de love to, just don't have that kind of money. I can barely afford to build it over time like i've been doing. But it would be nice if you dropped a line of "Off-Road///Race" mods for the SX4, from time to time. There are plenty of us that would eat it up!

Thirty-Nine
May 24th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Love it. Seriously cool.

B-Spec
May 24th, 2012, 10:37 AM
I think we did cover it all. There is nothing left, really. I have gone out with it and it outperformed most everything in our group. Thnx

ROAD/RACE Come out to where I am at and run a real trail. Just make sure you bring a trailer to take it back with. You should come out this year to Panamint Valley Days and do some wheeling with us. It is only about 3 hours from you. Here is a trail we run every year. Might lose a few lights or 5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iW4m8E_Esw&list=UUYWjTv9q9KiJ25eaCNoTvnw&index=0&feature=plcp

Crossover Zack
May 24th, 2012, 10:48 AM
you guys should look at the full time lock thread that we have been talking about. an electronic override feature to enable full rear differential lock above 40MPH would be a good start to an SX4 RRM off road catalog

also, a 10,000lb winch will fit in the bumper. making it somewhat of a bolt on kit will take more R&D and manufacturing equipment than i have access to.

http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/vv105/zrobinson92/Sx4/1106111144.jpg

ROCK
May 24th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Come out to where I am at and run a real trail. Just make sure you bring a trailer to take it back with. You should come out this year to Panamint Valley Days and do some wheeling with us. It is only about 3 hours from you. Here is a trail we run every year. Might lose a few lights or 5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iW4m8E_Esw&list=UUYWjTv9q9KiJ25eaCNoTvnw&index=0&feature=plcp

I seriously plan to. Talk over and over with the wife, I wanna go. Problem is they, (wife and kid) wanna go. It makes it more complicated. You will hear from me though. Thnx

ROAD/RACE

B-Spec
May 24th, 2012, 12:00 PM
I seriously plan to. Talk over and over with the wife, I wanna go. Problem is they, (wife and kid) wanna go. It makes it more complicated. You will hear from me though. Thnx

ROAD/RACE

Sounds good man.. Keep me posted.. PVD is in November so there is plenty of time.

TomC
May 24th, 2012, 12:48 PM
an electronic override feature to enable full rear differential lock above 40MPH would be a good start to an SX4 RRM off road catalog

No disrespect, but if you are off-roading at over 40mph, you're doing it wrong.

Crossover Zack
May 25th, 2012, 10:33 AM
No disrespect, but if you are off-roading at over 40mph, you're doing it wrong.

it's more for driving in the snow and on dirt roads (rally style driving) than it is for crossing streams and climbing rocky hills. it's annoying to have to keep reaching down to re-lock your differential every time you slow down.

Wagoneer
May 25th, 2012, 11:31 AM
it's more for driving in the snow and on dirt roads (rally style driving) than it is for crossing streams and climbing rocky hills. it's annoying to have to keep reaching down to re-lock your differential every time you slow down.
I don't really need to be locked above 40mp/h, but what I think would be hugely helpful is a system that RE-LOCKS the center diff when you slow back down below 40mp/h again. It's annoying have to reach down and hold the switch every time you stop for a stoplight or something.

ROCK
May 26th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Sounds good man.. Keep me posted.. PVD is in November so there is plenty of time.

That sounds like a good goal to have. Lots going on with the shop and planning to move soon (residence).

ROAD/RACE

ROCK
May 29th, 2012, 10:23 AM
What else should i do to it guys? SERIOUS QUESTION no SMART ASSSSSSSes please.

AdR
May 29th, 2012, 10:33 AM
What else should i do to it guys? SERIOUS QUESTION no SMART ASSSSSSSes please.

I'd go all out and continue with a tubular steel frame on the outside to protect the investment against rollovers. Maybe removable with joint disconnects if it's a double duty rig.

B-Spec
May 29th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Well it depends on what your main goal is. If it is show then you are on the right track. But if you want it to perform off road then you need to start beefing up those little Dana 44 axles and housings. They are going to bend like spaghetti when you start crawling it over the rough stuff. Also, all that stuff you have hanging off the back is going to catch on boulders and you will get hung up on everything when you get into tight spots like in Isham Canyon. I would just concentrate on stronger drive train parts and stay away from the bolt on stuff for looks. You might want to get a nice heavy set of skid plates from Rokmen.com.. Their stuff is killer.
Stay with the steel cable on the winch for sure. When you get hung up in the rocks and try to use winch rope you can't let it rub on the rocks like you can steel. We broke two winch ropes on Isham because they rubbed on the rocks to much.

That is an interesting placement of the air tank on the rear roll bar. I may have to do the same..

ROCK
May 29th, 2012, 04:23 PM
The housings are sleeved and gusseted Also have skids on the arms!. We look good but we do use it and plan to use it more. Like the cage idea, either inside or out.

ROAD/RACE