PDA

View Full Version : Some not great news.... :-(

Danbob
May 21st, 2012, 08:21 AM
Hi Guys,

I posted this in the Kizashi Forum too, but it's dead over there so I wanted to post here so some will see this.

First let me say that I am as die-hard a fan of our cars as anyone else on here but I am fearing the worst for American Suzuki. My dealer is definitely one of the most successful Suzuki dealers probably on the East Coast and I just got a letter in the mail from the owner saying he was letting go of his Suzuki franchise as of june "in order to expand his vw showroom". Now this is a guy who has been pushing for Suzuki and loves them to pieces since he started selling them like 15 years ago. When I tell you I see Suzukis galore around here from my dealer, I am not kidding. I honestly think they are leaving the U.S. very soon, even though this letter said they are not. The letter went on to say that none of the other local Suzuki dealerships or any dealerships for that matter, were willing to buy the leftover inventory or the franchise from them. It also went on to say that they would no longer even be servicing Suzuki cars as of June. The kicker of the letter was that he is offering 2000 dollars above the NADA good condition trade value of any Suzuki plus 1000 dollars below his cost on any new or pre owned audi or vw from his dealership. goes on to say how he is losing a ton of money from making this offer, but he is committed to keeping customers at his business and blahblahblah. Because this is such a big deal, they are not even involving their salesman. All transactions for trades and new vehicles are going to be done by their general manager and sales manager. Kind of reminds me of when circuit city was liquidating all their inventory and people were just selling off stuff like crazy in their stores....Between my wife and I and my in-laws, we have bought 7 new suzukis from them in the past 12 years. The closest dealer to my house for warranty work and recalls will now be 1 hour away. This is not the middle of nowhere either. This the New York Metro Area. I think it's too late for the swift and a redesigned sx4 to save Suzuki in the U.S.

I am not a trouble maker at all, in fact, I left Subaru because I love these cars so much, but I wanted to let you guys know whats going on on the east coast, which is supposedly Suzuki's strongest market. I am betting that in the coming few weeks, you will see more dealers sending out letters like this. I have family who has owned dealerships, and they have said that something like this is the first in a series of steps for an automaker to pull out of a market. It's such a shame that such a good product doesn't have the reputation or marketing behind it to stay... Sorry for the spelling and punctuation btw. iPad keyboards are not the most accurate. Feel free to ask any questions and I will try to find out answers from my dealer for you, as I have a good relationship with them.

Grimlock1973
May 21st, 2012, 08:47 AM
I know how you feel. I am at my 4th Suzuki dealer in about 2 years and I am crossing my fingers that my 4th dealer will stay in business. I can do my own oil changes but I have my dealer do them so I can help them out with some cash. Oh well, if Suzuki decides to pull out of the US market they are going to have to honor all warranty and parts.

mcmuda
May 21st, 2012, 12:49 PM
I know this is somewhat negative but I've given up on Suzuki. My next car for sure will NOT be a Suzuki. It's good for point A to point B travels but not much else.

carcrazy003
May 21st, 2012, 01:11 PM
Very disheartening news, when dealers that actaully cared about the brand start to jump ship....
this is some not great news indeed. :(

Capoken
May 21st, 2012, 01:38 PM
I am so confused - I don't know what to believe. On one hand it seems clear that they are pulling out. But then why did a new dealer open in the last month or so?

Thirty-Nine
May 21st, 2012, 02:12 PM
Sorry to hear that. I've got an ear to the tracks all the time with regards to this. I check AutoNews.com, Google News, anywhere that I might be able to get an iota of information regarding the future of the company. I, too, fear the worst. Although I only own one Suzuki now (and not too worried about my 17 year old Sidekick), I still wonder what the heck is going on. I've been waiting to hear that one of our two local dealers is going to close shop, but not yet. We'll see.

It's not too rare to hear nothing from Suzuki, as they're one of the most tight-lipped auto makers in the world. If "it" happens, we likely won't know about it until the last minute. Just my two cents.

tread83
May 21st, 2012, 02:15 PM
Sad news indeed.

socarboy99
May 21st, 2012, 04:27 PM
While the jury is still out as to whether or not Suzuki is staying in the USA got my curosity up concerning the question: "if they DO leave what's my car going to be worth"? What better model than Isuzu to try this experiment on. I was surprised as to the values of Rodeos and especially the rare Vehicross (which had a short run from 1999 thru 2001). Maybe you had better think twice before unloading that Kizashi...now let's see what 5 year old Saabs are bringing.:hi:

Die trying
May 21st, 2012, 05:43 PM
No matter, im going to drive my sx4 until it rusts apart and the wheels fall off. I abuse the piss out of it and it takes it all in stride and keeps on going. I love my suzuki.

Balansero
May 21st, 2012, 06:24 PM
No matter, im going to drive my sx4 until it rusts apart and the wheels fall off. I abuse the piss out of it and it takes it all in stride and keeps on going. I love my suzuki.

That's the spirit! :thumb:

Danbob
May 21st, 2012, 08:06 PM
You guys are right. My wife and I decided that we love the kizashi too much to give it up. Its the car we took our daughter home from the hospital in so we are very attached.I am still sad about giving up my sx4 so I am not gonna have that happen again. We decided that we are going to keep it at least until it has it's first major engine or tranny problem, which will probably be around 150k or more. Already talked to my mechanic and he said if he has no trouble getting parts for sterlings and peugeots, then a Suzuki kizashi will not even be a challenge. Even if I get a new car, we are going to keep this one as a third vehicle. My inlaws still have my wife's first car and drive it all the time...a 1999 Suzuki esteem

tread83
May 21st, 2012, 09:48 PM
I was surprised as to the values of Rodeos and especially the rare Vehicross (which had a short run from 1999 thru 2001). Maybe you had better think twice before unloading that Kizashi...now let's see what 5 year old Saabs are bringing.:hi:

The Vehicross is a rare beast. It's the only SUV that I think "sexy" every time I've seen it. Not too many people have heard of the it. I'm not sure of their reliability since they quit manufacturing them in 2001. Thanks, though; now you have me looking at ebay motors and dreaming of the Vehicross...:P

And I plan on keeping the sx4 many years.

jute2003
May 22nd, 2012, 02:45 PM
The Vehicross is a rare beast. It's the only SUV that I think "sexy" every time I've seen it. Not too many people have heard of the it. I'm not sure of their reliability since they quit manufacturing them in 2001. Thanks, though; now you have me looking at ebay motors and dreaming of the Vehicross...:P

And I plan on keeping the sx4 many years.

love the vehicross.....What I really want to do is find a low milage Rodeo sport and swap the seats from a vehicross into it though. :-D As far as reliability.......it really depends. If they've been taken care of all their lives they're fine. That 3.2l engine is a notorious oil user though and the transmissions in Rodeos and troopers have a reputation for being pretty weak. One nice thing is that the engine is a non-interference engine. No worries of the timing belt nuking everything.

Ronzuki
May 22nd, 2012, 04:56 PM

And there's the true beauty of the brand.....buy it, throw a little maintenance at it, even abuse it and it keeps on going.

tread83
May 23rd, 2012, 10:42 PM
Off topic, but had to...

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQb0Z8T-omz6r6rBT4vfo3cL4xAEX_bth6FzvCc_ufRAS48FiAwD0oXzPc u

Ok I'll shut up about the Vehicross now... it's just that I've wanted one ever since they first came out and forgot about it until it was mentioned in this thread.

Blackbelt
May 24th, 2012, 08:11 AM
You guys are right. My wife and I decided that we love the kizashi too much to give it up. Its the car we took our daughter home from the hospital in so we are very attached

I was so attached to the car i brought my oldest son home from in the hospital that he drove that car his first year of college. Why don't you do that with the Kizzy?

Thirty-Nine
May 24th, 2012, 08:53 AM
LOVE the Vehicross. However, they only came with automatics, so I've never considered actually owning one. I still think they're awesome, though.

K-9
May 24th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Probably because they cant keep up with the MPG demands of the new crossover and compacts. Just because they might sell good in some parts others might not sell. This would be a huge upset for me if this was real. I have driven nothing but Suzuki's for a dally driver sense I got my license.

jerdog
May 25th, 2012, 06:20 AM
At my dealer now for regularly scheduled maintenance, as I drove up I noticed the Suzuki sign was down. The service manager told me that they severed their relationship with Suzuki due to a la lack of support on the corporate end. They are still waiting for refunds for warranty repairs and the lack of advertising was hurting sales. They will still service my car, but won't do warranty repairs any longer. They made a point of saying that they loved the cars because they run so well, but the company was very hard to deal with. They also said that it only took 2 days for Suzuki to completely cut ties with them. I've got a feeling that 0% interest is just a way for Suzuki to unload the remainder of its American stockpile.

carcrazy003
May 25th, 2012, 06:59 AM
That makes me sad, yes Suzuki might not have had the best people working at the ASMC, but if Suzuki Corp is so eager to cut all ties with dealers I think that says it all. Yes most of these dealers probably didnt support the brand, but I seriously dont think they will be able to rebuild the brand name when dealers are dropping like flies. One major reason I bought the suzuki over Honda per-say was the warranty, If dealers are not going to accept suzuki warranty repairs, I dont need the hassle of calling the warranty dept to fight for every penny. I have already spoke with the wife and we will probably be trading in the Suzuki. Dont get me wrong I love car, I like this car more than my 2006 civic si, but we are trying to start a family need something bigger anyway. Unless Suzuki publically states they are not leaving I will be trading her in, if they stay then I will keep the car and trade in the wifes car in a couple months....only time will tell :(

Thirty-Nine
May 25th, 2012, 07:40 AM
I just wonder if it isn't sustainable for ASMC to support dealers that only sell 5-6 cars a month?

TomC
May 25th, 2012, 12:09 PM
I just wonder if it isn't sustainable for ASMC to support dealers that only sell 5-6 cars a month?

If they are a multi-branded dealership, perhaps. Depends on the licensing fee & floor plan expenses.

whitelightning777
May 28th, 2012, 11:33 AM
There are 2 dealerships for Suzuki in central MD, Fitzgeralds where I got mine and Sharetts in Hagerstown.

I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that 1 or 2 dealers closing means that Suzuki is running out of the US.

Besides, would you rather drive a reliable car with no nearby dealers or some lemon with 10 dealers down the street? Suzuki makes great cars that don't need much "adult supervision" from dealers. Its old fashioned to think you have to get any new car fixed at the dealer only.

PostalBound
May 29th, 2012, 08:00 PM
I think they are building a new network of high volume dealers. A new franchise just opened up in near Lexington KY, and the owners also sell the KIA brand. They are extremely aggressive marketers in the local community and move cars.

Has a new dealership opened in the last year near you ? What location ? Maybe they are moving to primary urban centers where cheap AWD cars are attractive.
Sometimes less can be more .

Ronzuki
May 30th, 2012, 04:09 AM
I think they are building a new network of high volume dealers. A new franchise just opened up in near Lexington KY, and the owners also sell the KIA brand. They are extremely aggressive marketers in the local community and move cars.

Has a new dealership opened in the last year near you ? What location ? Maybe they are moving to primary urban centers where cheap AWD cars are attractive.
Sometimes less can be more .

This is classic Suzuki right here.

trouble
May 30th, 2012, 07:45 AM
All else being said, Suzuki had better do something really fast to improve gas consumption or they won't ever get a hold in the American market. Good EPA ratings seems to be what's selling . Selling for less money hasn't gotten the job done for Suzuki. A diesel could be a quick fix but I have not seen anything on this. Also, no ads, no business. Yes, I think Suzuki builds a good car but most brands have some good models in their lines now.

Thirty-Nine
May 30th, 2012, 09:41 AM
All else being said, Suzuki had better do something really fast to improve gas consumption or they won't ever get a hold in the American market. Good EPA ratings seems to be what's selling . Selling for less money hasn't gotten the job done for Suzuki. A diesel could be a quick fix but I have not seen anything on this. Also, no ads, no business. Yes, I think Suzuki builds a good car but most brands have some good models in their lines now.

It was just said that consumers' most important factor in buying a new car is fuel economy.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2012/05/fuel-economy-number-one-factor-for-car-buyers-consumer-reports.html

Grimlock1973
May 30th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Suzuki needs to have the EPA re-evaluate the SX4 in the US! I have a 2010 Sportback CVT and I am averaging about 34 mpg for mixed driving. If you look at the window sticker the mpg for highway and local are way off. This is probably turning away a good number of potential customers since they equate small econo cars with stellar fuel economy.

trouble
May 30th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Good for you but I get only 23mpg in a 2010 crossover with cvt.

JAC
May 31st, 2012, 07:58 PM
From what I have heard, Suzuki doesn't give a **** about the NA market. Because of safety and emissions requirements here, the cars are much more expensive to produce. Whereas in India and Asia, that's not a concern.

themeat424
June 17th, 2012, 10:34 PM
I bought my Kizashi last year from the same dealer the OP is talking about, and last week I took them up on their offer. I have owned an sx4, a Grand Vitara, and a Kizashi. I traded the Kizashi in for a new Passat, primarily because it was a better lease offer, and I no longer trust Suzuki staying around. I don't want to be stuck with an orphaned car. Having driven the Passat now for a week, IMO it is inferior to the Kizashi in almost every way other than interior room and ride comfort. The Kizashi out handles and brakes the Passat. The drivetrain on the Kizashi was smooth and progressive, the passat does not accelerate as linear as the Kizashi. On the highway the kizashi also reaches and retains speed better. I would also take Suzuki's reliability over VW's. All in all the VW is still a nice car, but I miss the Kizzy. Then again I don't regret my decision because I was worried I soon wouldn't have been able to get parts and repairs for my Suzuki. Resale value also stunk, and I like to not be so upside down in a car. If Suzuki does come back and shows they want to have a presence in NA, I will definitely consider buying from them again. The X-Head was an awesome concept, and could be a big success if it ever sees the light of day

De Melo
June 18th, 2012, 11:18 AM
I'm getting sick and tired of hearing on this forum, if SUZUKI LEAVES. Hate to break the news but they where trying to leave in the last 20 years according to rumors:mad:. Its posts like this that turn off potential Suzuki buyers. Getting sick of it. Do you really think if they leave they will keep you high and Dry, noo. They are the 9th largest auto manufacturer in the world some other car company would honor Suzuki's service like Nissan which Suzuki has a good relationship. No worries here.

Thirty-Nine
June 18th, 2012, 12:37 PM
I'm getting sick and tired of hearing on this forum, if SUZUKI LEAVES. Hate to break the news but they where trying to leave in the last 20 years according to rumors:mad:. Its posts like this that turn off potential Suzuki buyers. Getting sick of it. Do you really think if they leave they will keep you high and Dry, noo. They are the 9th largest auto manufacturer in the world some other car company would honor Suzuki's service like Nissan which Suzuki has a good relationship. No worries here.

As passionate Suzuki owners, we're passionate about the brand. But does this mean we shouldn't discuss it? I don't think so. I really hope they don't pull out, but I'm also not going to ignore the 500 lb. gorilla in the living room. Things aren't good for Suzuki right now, but I do hope they get much better.

And, I respectfully disagree with the service issue. Suzuki has a partnership on one low-volume vehicle: The Equator, made by Nissan. I highly doubt Nissan pony up warranty work on Grand Vitaras, Kizashis, and SX4s—vehicles that they have no association with.

Hopefully we won't have to worry about it, though.

Capoken
June 18th, 2012, 06:54 PM
I bought my Kizashi last year from the same dealer the OP is talking about, and last week I took them up on their offer. I have owned an sx4, a Grand Vitara, and a Kizashi. I traded the Kizashi in for a new Passat, primarily because it was a better lease offer, and I no longer trust Suzuki staying around. I don't want to be stuck with an orphaned car. Having driven the Passat now for a week, IMO it is inferior to the Kizashi in almost every way other than interior room and ride comfort. The Kizashi out handles and brakes the Passat. The drivetrain on the Kizashi was smooth and progressive, the passat does not accelerate as linear as the Kizashi. On the highway the kizashi also reaches and retains speed better. I would also take Suzuki's reliability over VW's. All in all the VW is still a nice car, but I miss the Kizzy. Then again I don't regret my decision because I was worried I soon wouldn't have been able to get parts and repairs for my Suzuki. Resale value also stunk, and I like to not be so upside down in a car. If Suzuki does come back and shows they want to have a presence in NA, I will definitely consider buying from them again. The X-Head was an awesome concept, and could be a big success if it ever sees the light of day

You are a fool. I've vented my frustrations as much as anybody but I didn't get rid of my awesome car!

themeat424
June 18th, 2012, 07:18 PM
You are a fool. I've vented my frustrations as much as anybody but I didn't get rid of my awesome car!

This is the second time in two days I've been called a fool on an internet forum by another fool making assumptions about who I am and exactly why I did what I did. There were other reasons why I got rid of my Kizashi. For one, I needed a lease with more miles. My kizashi had 12k a year and I needed a lot more. additionally, I overpaid for the Kizashi and I can really use the extra cash I saved a month. Resale value is another thing that is important to me, because unfortunately not many people want to deal with a Suzuki as a trade in. So maybe you should shut your mouth before you live in someone elses shoes.

themeat424
June 18th, 2012, 07:26 PM

I'll go out on a limb and say not many people in this country have been bigger Suzuki advocates over the last few years than me. I've got 3 others to buy SX4s and argue with anyone who tried to knock Suzuki. However, at this stage you can't put trust in a company that shows zero effort for making a name for itself here. Car makers are redesigning cars every 5 years, and we have been stuck with the same dated cars for 7 years now. As great as the SX4 and GV are, they are totally not competitive anymore. They stiffed us on the Swift, no variants of the Kizashi, and a small SUV that gets 21 mpg hwy. They clearly don't care about us so why should we care about them? I no longer recommend them to people I come across, because we don't have a good reason to believe they are staying around. I hope they do, but I don't want to sink with this ship.

If anyone comes to this news section of the forum to help them decide whether or not to buy a Suzuki, they're not gonna find anything encouraging. My post won't be the deal breaker.

Ronzuki
June 19th, 2012, 04:53 AM
how many of you 'supporters' have owned the brand since inception here circa 1986? Just curious.....

Thirty-Nine
June 19th, 2012, 07:48 AM
how many of you 'supporters' have owned the brand since inception here circa 1986? Just curious.....

I'm guessing you're likely the only one on this board. I was 8 in 1986. :D

I remember wanting a Samurai when I was young, though, and then a Swift GTi. I've got a '95 Sidekick 4x4, and will own a Swift GT(i) one of these years! Still one of my favorite vehicles. I'll tell you this: What I don't want to have happen is that people get pissy, and start *****ing at other members here. It's a tight-knit group on this board; there just aren't that many Suzuki auto enthusiasts in North America, and this is one of the best places for us "fringe lunatics" to come and discuss all things Suzuki. This is a great forum with great members.

I know there has been a lot of negativity around here regarding the company's future in the U.S., and I post up regular news about Suzuki, much of which isn't great, but news is news—good or bad. And since there isn't too much info out there about ASMC, I post up every bit of news that's relevant.

The bottom line is no one but ASMC and Suzuki Japan knows what's going on; it's all speculation and rumors. The company is historically tight lipped withe regards to its business, which in this day an age of the Internet, means lots of time to build up fears, rumors, etc.

I still have my Sidekick, but sold my SX4 in April. If this is offensive to others here, then so be it. It was my decision and my money. You're entitled to your opinions just as much as me. However, like "themeat424," I'm one of the biggest Suzuki fans and supporters out there. I really love the cars they make. However, sometimes I don't like the company's under-the-radar approach to business/PR in the country.

The folks at Suzukifan.com are speculating big changes for 2014 in the U.S. I'm not sure what they know that I don't, but here's the article: http://suzukifan.com/2012/06/16/suzuki-sale-in-united-state-still-terrible-but-not-for-long-when-new-model-arrive-from-2014/.

In the meantime, to quote "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure:"

Be excellent to each other.

- Bill S. Preston, Esq.

themeat424
June 19th, 2012, 08:32 AM
I'm guessing you're likely the only one on this board. I was 8 in 1986. :D

I remember wanting a Samurai when I was young, though, and then a Swift GTi. I've got a '95 Sidekick 4x4, and will own a Swift GT(i) one of these years! Still one of my favorite vehicles. I'll tell you this: What I don't want to have happen is that people get pissy, and start *****ing at other members here. It's a tight-knit group on this board; there just aren't that many Suzuki auto enthusiasts in North America, and this is one of the best places for us "fringe lunatics" to come and discuss all things Suzuki. This is a great forum with great members.

I know there has been a lot of negativity around here regarding the company's future in the U.S., and I post up regular news about Suzuki, much of which isn't great, but news is news—good or bad. And since there isn't too much info out there about ASMC, I post up every bit of news that's relevant.

The bottom line is no one but ASMC and Suzuki Japan knows what's going on; it's all speculation and rumors. The company is historically tight lipped withe regards to its business, which in this day an age of the Internet, means lots of time to build up fears, rumors, etc.

I still have my Sidekick, but sold my SX4 in April. If this is offensive to others here, then so be it. It was my decision and my money. You're entitled to your opinions just as much as me. However, like "themeat424," I'm one of the biggest Suzuki fans and supporters out there. I really love the cars they make. However, sometimes I don't like the company's under-the-radar approach to business/PR in the country.

The folks at Suzukifan.com are speculating big changes for 2014 in the U.S. I'm not sure what they know that I don't, but here's the article: http://suzukifan.com/2012/06/16/suzuki-sale-in-united-state-still-terrible-but-not-for-long-when-new-model-arrive-from-2014/.

In the meantime, to quote "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure:"

Be excellent to each other.

- Bill S. Preston, Esq.

You must be another "fool" for selling your SX4 ;) The truth is there is nobody to blame for us wanting to sell our Suzukis other than the guys in Brea and Japan. As supporters of the company it's not asking much to get a little concrete reassurance that they are committed to us. If they do suddenly pull out without warning it will be a massive chutzpa on their part. We should at least be given a heads up or an alternate option before they leave. Just like this dealer here in NY did. I really do miss my kizzy, but my work has changed and it's no longer as practical or affordable.

Btw, in 1986 my parents didn't even begin to think me up ;) I was born in 88, and in 08 I bought my first car, an SX4.

Capoken
June 19th, 2012, 09:05 AM
This is the second time in two days I've been called a fool on an internet forum by another fool making assumptions about who I am and exactly why I did what I did. There were other reasons why I got rid of my Kizashi. For one, I needed a lease with more miles. My kizashi had 12k a year and I needed a lot more. additionally, I overpaid for the Kizashi and I can really use the extra cash I saved a month. Resale value is another thing that is important to me, because unfortunately not many people want to deal with a Suzuki as a trade in. So maybe you should shut your mouth before you live in someone elses shoes.

whoa - touchy huh? Take a chill pill. I'll shut my mouth when I please thank you.

Ronzuki
June 19th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Not trying to irritate anyone (or *****ing at other members), only to make folks think. Since I've owned the brand (86 til now), the only commercials I recall EVER seeing before the SX4 rolled around were Samurai commercials back in 86-87 time frame. Dealers were FAR more sparse then than they are now. I've had at least one Suzuki automobile in my driveway every year from 1986 until now except years 1996ish thru 2000. Never was I concerned about them "pulling out". Sooooo much hype and dramma over this unsubstantiated myth/rumor/fear/cosmic event that hasn't happened (call it what ya like).

39, I too saw the article suzukifan fas regarding 2014, and I'll I can say is I hope like hell they bring the Jimny here, but I doubt it due to the over abundance of U.S. gov BS regulations and 'mandated safety crap. who wants to pay 30 grand for a Samurai.

Thirty-Nine
June 19th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Not trying to irritate anyone (or *****ing at other members), only to make folks think. Since I've owned the brand (86 til now), the only commercials I recall EVER seeing before the SX4 rolled around were Samurai commercials back in 86-87 time frame. Dealers were FAR more sparse then than they are now. I've had at least one Suzuki automobile in my driveway every year from 1986 until now except years 1996ish thru 2000. Never was I concerned about them "pulling out". Sooooo much hype and dramma over this unsubstantiated myth/rumor/fear/cosmic event that hasn't happened (call it what ya like).

And maybe that's all it is. I do know Suzuki has had a bunch of layoffs and such, too. Maybe it's just part of a transition period.

I too saw the article suzukifan fas regarding 2014, and I'll I can say is I hope like hell they bring the Jimny here, but I doubt it due to the over abundance of U.S. gov BS regulations and 'mandated safety crap. who wants to pay 30 grand for a Samurai.

If they can bring a Jimny here for under $18,000, I'd be thrilled. I look at Wrangler sales and can't help but think someone will likely challenge Jeep in that segment. Then again, maybe not? They can't make Wranglers fast enough. Jeep has an amazing brand, though, in terms of recognition, lifestyle, and consumer awareness.

On a side note, I just got the '12 Grand Vitara Ultimate Adventure for review (like they literally just dropped it off as I was writing this). I still think it's one of the best looking small SUVs out there.

Ronzuki
June 20th, 2012, 04:34 AM
If they can bring a Jimny here for under $18,000, I'd be thrilled.

If they could bring it here for under $23k w/ the proper driveline I'd be thrilled!

I look at Wrangler sales and can't help but think someone will likely challenge Jeep in that segment. Then again, maybe not? They can't make Wranglers fast enough. Jeep has an amazing brand, though, in terms of recognition, lifestyle, and consumer awareness.

They did exactly that in 1986-88 You probably have the means to look at the data, but just driving down the road during that time, I sure as hell didn't see many new Jeeps, but tons of Samurais. I contend that Chrysler had a big hand in the death of the Samurai campaign back then, they were getting kicked in the teeth losing sales of their POS to Suzuki.

Stilt
June 21st, 2012, 04:28 AM
David,

Our Suzuki dealership is here to stay for the long run, we've been doing very well recently. I spoke with our Suzuki service managers and we're able to perform all of the services you asked about. If you'd like I can schedule a service appointment online for you, or if you want to call, the number to our Suzuki store is 513-870-0091. Please let me know if you have any other questions, I'll be more than happy to help!

Thanks,

Brian Cornwell

Busam Nissan Subaru Suzuki
e. brianc@busamnissan.com
p. 513-771-8100 ext: #639
1501 E Kemper Road Cincinnati, OH 45246
6195 Dixie Hwy Fairfield, OH 45014

Not sure if this helps....

I personally think Suzuki has an advertising problem. Internet only approach is not working. Every review of their cars is generally positive. As far as models getting old, especially the sx-4, I disagree. Look at the mini or vw bug. Certain cars can last longer. But, you have to make changes. Paint schemes, rims, etc even colors. Noneofwhich Suzuki does.