PDA

View Full Version : March Suzuki Sales: Up 5%

Thirty-Nine
April 5th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Well up a little is better than being down, right?

GRAND VITARA: 547 (+6%)
EQUATOR: 157 (-19%)
SX4: 1,368 (+28%)
KIZASHI 558 (-21%)
OTHER*: 1 (-92%)
--------------------------------------------
TOTAL: 2631 (+5%)
TOTAL YTD: 6561 (-2%)

So, overall sales are in the red, but just by 2%. Still not sure what's going on with their social media, as it looks like it's been abandoned. I still find it crazy that the SX4 keeps selling "well" whereas the Kizashi continues to sell poorly even though it's the only one that's nationally advertised.

Full list of subcompact sales here: http://www.subcompactculture.com/2012/04/march-2012-subcompact-sales.html

ManiakSX4
April 5th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Sx4 = cheap AWD. it's how Daddy keeps his little girl safe when she goes away to college in a place that snows lol. But seriously, parents probably see the cheap AWD sx4 as a great little car to keep kids safe in nasty weather.

Avalanche
April 5th, 2012, 01:35 PM
There's no need to beat about the bush - the SX4 is an awesome (though obscure) little car :D

Crossover Zack
April 5th, 2012, 01:37 PM
the local Suzuki dealer is advertising on the radio that they just had their best sales month ever.

Thirty-Nine
April 5th, 2012, 04:08 PM
I wonder why our local Suzuki dealers don't advertise?

Suk SX4
April 5th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Our local Suzuki dealer mostly advertises other brand used cars, Wierd:(

Thirty-Nine
April 6th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Our local Suzuki dealer mostly advertises other brand used cars, Wierd:(

Ditto. In fact, the only Suzuki dealer in Portland (there is another one just north of Portland in Vancouver, WA) was a used car dealer that took on Suzukis a few years ago. They only seem to push used stuff.

Absit
April 6th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Bring us the 50 MPG diesel SX4 and the 30 MPG Jimny and see what happens.. I'd have a hard time picking between the two..

Thirty-Nine
April 6th, 2012, 02:23 PM
I think Suzuki does need a fuel miser vehicle to bring people in.

Swift — b-segment competitor. Give it a 40 MPG highway rating. This is the Suzuki U.S. buyers have been asking for since 2006.
Jimny — Jeep Wrangler competitor. No other company in the U.S. has a vehicle with two solid axles other than Jeep. (Not including heavy-duty pickups)
Turbo Kizashi — Kizashi needs more power. Period.
Marketing, marketing, marketing — Suzuki makes good cars. Let people know about it! And start posting to your social media sites again so they stop looking like a place for unsatisfied customers to unload their dirty laundry (which is what the Suzuki Auto Facebook Page is starting to look like).

I wish I knew what was really going on at this company.

Absit
April 6th, 2012, 10:56 PM
Hey I seem to remember seeing somewhere the Kizashi is more powerful than a couch!
I do kinda feel like my SX4 trolls me a little bit in that department though. When I want a nice smooth roll I get a jerk, when I floor it it falls on its face.

Avalanche
April 7th, 2012, 07:43 AM
The new Swift 1.2 90-something PS is a fuel miser. I test drove one and it got 42 MPG combined consumption and 53 MPG in highway driving.

lateralus819
April 14th, 2012, 06:03 PM
The sx4 DOES get great milage IMO. It's how you drive the thing. I can get 40mpg on the regular. sedan of course, still.

Also, around here, sx4s seem like the most popular car around. I see them everywhere i look. Seems advantage suzuki sells ALOT of cars.

Avalanche
April 19th, 2012, 12:20 AM
An interesting piece of sales statistics:
http://bestsellingcarsblog.com/2012/03/16/new-zealand-february-2012-suzuki-swift-climbs-on-top/
Would you expect Suzuki to be a number one seller?