PDA

View Full Version : Ist Susp. Mod - Springs or Sway

Meenkya
April 1st, 2012, 05:17 AM
Going to get either Eibach (I like the amount of drop they have) or the Road Race Sway bar. From what I've read the sway bar seems like bolt up fun while the springs may have alignment/camber isues to deal with. Leaning towards the sway bar now and then springs later, once I've worn out my original tires and then upsized them. Thoughts??

AdR
April 1st, 2012, 06:05 AM
I went with springs first. Im buying the swaybar now. All springs can lead to camber issues. That is why you should buy them with camber bolts and be done with it.

My suggestion is buy them all at the same time. It's a hassle to install one and then the other. I wish I had done it that way then I wouldn't have to be under my car twice.

Meenkya
April 1st, 2012, 06:17 AM
Even with the "mild" drop of the Eibachs, I would still need the camber kit? If I upsize the tires, will I need to realign? (Thats why I thought I would wait till tire replacement time, if I'm wrong then the springs (and camber kit, 80 bucks not a big deal) would be nice to get first.

"Cause having to brake in curves is just plain boring." Can so relate! The tire/body roll is becoming prohibitive as I become more comfortable with the car...

AdR
April 1st, 2012, 06:36 AM
You shouldn't need any camber adjustment for anything under +/-1.5"

Capoken
April 1st, 2012, 07:08 AM
The rear sway bar is a ridiculously good mod. I would say it reduces body roll by more than 50% SWAG. After installing it, I have put off springs indefinitely so I can maintain clearance (snow, awd, Connecticut, yada yaha ) and I feel the suspension and handling are about perfect now. It is just so fun to drive now, I can't explain it.

Meenkya
April 2nd, 2012, 07:37 AM
The rear sway bar is a ridiculously good mod. I would say it reduces body roll by more than 50% SWAG. After installing it, I have put off springs indefinitely so I can maintain clearance (snow, awd, Connecticut, yada yaha ) and I feel the suspension and handling are about perfect now. It is just so fun to drive now, I can't explain it.

I'm with you. I lowered my previous car and after a few years seemed to have bottoming out issues, would love to avoid that mess.

Nice to know about the camber kit not being needed, thanks. Probably will get the sway bar first. Tax check where are you???