PDA

View Full Version : New Road Race exhaust Offering

ajfear24
March 29th, 2012, 05:37 PM
http://roadracemotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=31_48_33&products_id=1248

For anyone interested

mcmuda
March 29th, 2012, 05:56 PM
http://roadracemotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=31_48_33&products_id=1248

For anyone interested

That's a pretty penny for just a muffler..

zanethan
March 29th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Only $10 or so more than the magnaflow...

Than being said I still have the stock muffler on my SX4 for a reason lol

automat
March 29th, 2012, 06:49 PM
it looks like a homemade muffler. nothing wrong with that, but it looks like crap. I hope it's stainless, cause it looks like mild steel with all these burns.

mule
March 29th, 2012, 07:16 PM
it looks like a homemade muffler. nothing wrong with that, but it looks like crap.

that was my thoughts. not a high quality finished looking product

Maiden69
March 29th, 2012, 07:46 PM
http://www.dallasmustang.com/product.php?productid=18049
http://www.spintechmufflers.com/mufflers/street-mufflers/6000-pro-street-series/cat_23.html
http://www.spintechmufflers.com/mufflers/race-mufflers/pro-shoot-out-4000-series/pro-shoot-out-muffler-4331/prod_62.html
Very common on the V8 community, sound is comparable to what you will get out of Flowmasters. The one there is available for less than $100 locally, and even cheaper in the internet. One more re-badge from them... I don't understand why they don't say the brand, unless they are having a local shop copy them, and then I'm sure SpinTech will love to hear about that. And as far as installation on the SX4, it will no look factory at all unless you use a U bend to route the exit to the right side of the car.

Meenkya
March 30th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Must be better, it's more expensive than the Spintech! :eek:

ManiakSX4
March 30th, 2012, 09:44 AM
I'm sorry, I can't convince myself to try to give our tired 4 bangers more power. Even if you do exhaust and intake you might gain some at high rpm and that's not what I'm looking for. I'm sure any exhaust would effect exhaust scavenging negatively.

Honestly if you are looking for a cheap safe effective mod get a nitrous kit capable of 100 shot and turn it down to a 25 shot.

Just a thought, it doesn't seem like this forum is a big fan of nitrous.

automat
March 30th, 2012, 09:53 AM
there was one guy using nitrous, can't remember the name. he melted the valves and I never heard of him after.

Brumbie13
March 30th, 2012, 09:56 AM
there was one guy using nitrous, can't remember the name. he melted the valves and I never heard of him after.
He was my friend. I helped him install the NOS on the car.
He blew out a cylinder, got himself a Mustang, and then disappeared.

I tried to contact him a few times, but he never responded.
Too bad, he was a cool guy. He even sponsored a big meet at his shop.

ManiakSX4
March 30th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Lol, was it larger than a 50 shot? Because I wouldn't trust a 50 shot on our motor.

punksmurph
March 30th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Lol, was it larger than a 50 shot? Because I wouldn't trust a 50 shot on our motor.

It was a 75 shot, it melted a piston if I remember correctly.

Brumbie13
March 30th, 2012, 02:50 PM
it melted a piston if I remember correctly.
Yup. I held that piston in my hand after he tore the engine apart. It was crazy.

B-Spec
March 30th, 2012, 03:05 PM
The muffler on my Jeep looks like this. I doubt that is stainless.. Looks like mild steel to me. I don't think the price is all that high for a custom made muffler if you ask me.

Die trying
March 30th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Xavier was his handle and i miss him. I thought he would be the first sx4 at 300hp. too bad sx4club is dead, it was well documented there.

Maiden69
March 30th, 2012, 06:46 PM
The muffler on my Jeep looks like this. I doubt that is stainless.. Looks like mild steel to me. I don't think the price is all that high for a custom made muffler if you ask me.
Aluminized steel, stainless is available but more expensive. If the one they sell is SS then the price is about right. THIS IS NOT A CUSTOM MUFFLER!!! You can make a custom one at Spintech website, and the price is still about $89.95 before taxes.

Xavier was his handle and i miss him. I thought he would be the first sx4 at 300hp. too bad sx4club is dead, it was well documented there.Yeap, he was rebuilding it, I guess he gave up on it. I don't blame him I also gave up on the little car.

B-Spec
March 30th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Aluminized steel, stainless is available but more expensive. If the one they sell is SS then the price is about right. THIS IS NOT A CUSTOM MUFFLER!!! .

If it was made for RRM then it is custom muffler. Not only that, I can look at it and see that it was hand welded from the photo so what you are talking about I have no idea.

White_Sedan
March 30th, 2012, 08:52 PM
The pics don't exactly make me want to put that muffler high on my list; I think I'll stick with Magnaflow LOL!

AdR
March 30th, 2012, 09:08 PM
The pics don't exactly make me want to put that muffler high on my list; I think I'll stick with Magnaflow LOL!

It's funny. So if it was chromed out and shiny it would probably be on the top of many people's list...

What I'd want to really know is how it stands apart from the competition's but RRM is extremely vague on the description...

pecci
March 30th, 2012, 10:09 PM
Perhaps, Rock will reply with more.

Maiden69
March 31st, 2012, 08:07 AM
If it was made for RRM then it is custom muffler. Not only that, I can look at it and see that it was hand welded from the photo so what you are talking about I have no idea.
Have you been to the site I posted? Anybody can go to their site and order a muffler with that ever configuration you can imagine (except in/out on the same side as the SX4 needs) and the price is the same!!! IT IS NOT A CUSTOM MUFFLER, unless he is having another local muffler shop copy Spintech designs... all spintech mufflers look like that one, very "raw".
http://www2.hawaii.edu/~hoshide/muffler.jpg

http://insideracingtechnology.com/Resources/drgasmuffler.jpg

http://www.spintechmufflers.com/mufflers/street-mufflers/build-your-own-street-muffler/cat_169.html

Perhaps, Rock will reply with more.
I doubt it, Rock used to be very active here when the SX4 first came out. Not so much now that the car is stagnant. Almost all the latest products to come out have been re-make of another company or re-sale as the muffler here and "street series" body kit which is the VIS Fuzion Kit (http://www.visracing.com/newcatalog/Suzuki/Sx/2008-2010-Aerio-Sx/Body-Kit-3951/Full-Kit-3953/2008-2010-Suzuki-Sx-4Dr-Fuzion-Full-Kit.html) and other. A lot has changed, when I started modding the SX4 on the other forum, I would go out of my way to back RRM anyday. Not so much anymore. I guess people can be glad that he stills sells parts for our little car, but customer service and interaction is no where near what it used to be.

Maiden69
March 31st, 2012, 08:15 AM
It's funny. So if it was chromed out and shiny it would probably be on the top of many people's list...

What I'd want to really know is how it stands apart from the competition's but RRM is extremely vague on the description...

The muffler is good, it get's a lot of good feedback on the GTO and LS1 forum that I go to. But I really don't think it is a good muffler for our car, because of the position in which our car have the input/output. The only good options are the Flowmaster/Magnaflow/Dynomax etc, that have the input/output in the same side. This muffler sounds almost identical to Flowmasters. Has that low rumble at idle that breaks up to a loud scream at WOT. Now this is on a V8, my Flowmaster sounded good with headers 1 cat and 1 resonator. If I took the resonator out, it sounded thin and raspy. So this will be the same for the SX4, run it with a resonator or a turbo and it will sound good, no resonator and it will sound thin.

Well, after looking more into the Spintech site, I found a replacement for our muffler. At $159-170 from Spintech and other sites, it is right in the same price bracket as the Magnaflow and the Flowmaster.
http://www.kaedings.com/images/454PSCa.jpg
http://www.spintechmufflers.com/mufflers/race-mufflers/400-psc-180-series/cat_18.html

Here's a quote from someone that had tried Flowmaster and Spintech.

The Mufflex's usually come with a Flowmaster muffler but have lately added Spintech as an option. After having Flowmasters on my Belair and being sick and tired of the sound along with every other Mustang driving down the street having them, I wanted something different. While I figured I'd probably end up replacing it, I gave the Spintech a chance. It failed.

The quality was less than impressive. The inlet and outlets were out of round, one was oversized and one was undersized. You can imagine what a PITA that made trying to install it with clamps.... And the sound didn't win me over. It sounded pretty mean at idle and light throttle (pretty loud as well) but sounded much like a flowmaster (oversized vacuum cleaner) at WOT except somehow this vacuum cleaner sounded like it was "spinning" while it made its noises. In addition, it was big, heavy and ugly. I'm a perfectionist. When I do something, I want it right. This wasn't.

White_Sedan
March 31st, 2012, 08:27 AM

I agree that shiny and chrome would make it stand out more for most people. Consistency in welds (or at least a better display of it) would be appealing in the picture. Maybe it's just a bad picture, but it doesn't look quality to me. I default to magnaflow because of the quality of their build, which is very apparent on their websight images. You can't really judge a product by pictures alone so who the vendor offering it is plays a big role as well. Based on the picture alone, I'd wonder about the consistency of the inlet/outlet areas on this particular piece as well.

PS- Usually I opt for the "natural stainless steel" version instead of the polished version. I'm all about subtle LOL!

ROCK
March 31st, 2012, 01:43 PM
Guess who is here? First off, I am not here as much since I have a 3 year old boy now. Takes a lot of my time. As he should! ALso I am spread thin with many forums. I answer a good 20+ email a week from SX4 and Kizashi guys, so I am active but the forum does not need to be watched by me. If people have questions, the forum is not ideal. Email is ideal.
I care about SX4, we have added products, some are from other makers of course but we are at least trying to give options to folks. No other company is still working on and stocking parts for these cars. WE ARE. That said, there is not much more product that make that makes sense for us to make. We just made WRC bumper that people begged for. We have only sold 2 in 8 months. This does not make much business sense. At least we have a mold for now though so if someone wants one............. We have made all the products we think could make sense. We have one more BIG PRODUCT that we are getting ready to release! 2010+ TURBO SYSTEM. That is a huge commitment on our part. That is something that we want in our line up and we know there are people who have saved their money and want it. Also because of so many emails, we are stocking our muffler of choice for guys with SX4s. We never made a catback because there are so many variations to this car. AWD,FWD, hatch, sedan, 07-09,10-12 years. It made more snese to offer the only muffler setup we KNOW makes power and is compact enough. This way guys can get a system built for cheaper. The difference is that you will not end up with whatever muffler the muffler shop has on hand and end up with a loud system or a system that is TOO LARGE and loses power, or a system that does not make power. Run to the muffler shop and end up with a system that makes power. IF you want them nickel plated, we can get that done for a charge. Problem again is, if we do one at a time it is expensive, if we do 5 at a time, not sure if the 5 will sell in a few months. The problem for you guys is that the numbers are low so we end up making stuff to order. It is a hard way to make money that way. How do we justify that. Anyways. the muffler is a really the best thing we have found and will answer many of the emails I get asking for our reccommended muffler for this car for N/A or Turbo.

ROAD/RACE

JP SX4
March 31st, 2012, 01:52 PM
I agree with Rock, I have ordered the SX4 Beast hood, the Street Series body kit, and LED Tail lights and they are the only place that I have seen with any parts still in stock for the SX4 and cheaper than competition. If you look at the LED Tail lights on CarId they are $575, while the exact same ones are available from Road Race for $250. He has always been able to answer emails within 24 hours, and it is the fastest way to get a hold of him.

ROCK
March 31st, 2012, 01:57 PM
FYI. Remember this is the least restrictive muffler we have found, yet give proper back pressure for the 2.0 or 2.4 liter engines and still ends up with a depp, resonable sound. Contact us by phone for more detail but understand this use a totally different school of thought for mufflers so it really cannot be compared to the Magnaflow or Brola type OVAL mufflers. The archetecture is totally different in these little rectangle boxes.

ROAD/RACE

AdR
March 31st, 2012, 02:03 PM
I agree with Rock, I have ordered the SX4 Beast hood, the Street Series body kit, and LED Tail lights and they are the only place that I have seen with any parts still in stock for the SX4 and cheaper than competition. If you look at the LED Tail lights on CarId they are $575, while the exact same ones are available from Road Race for $250. He has always been able to answer emails within 24 hours, and it is the fastest way to get a hold of him.

Send me which email you're using. I've emailed numerous times with questions and have yet to receive an answer. :(

Last time I got an answer was regarding the turbo kit and it was a about two or three weeks later when I had gotten TT's kit. It had even already arrived at my doorstep...

Rob if you read this check the websites email as I sent a question regarding shipping about two weeks ago for a sway bar. Thanks

Maiden69
March 31st, 2012, 02:13 PM
I'm with you on what you posted above 100%, that is why I gave up on the car and the aftermarket scene. This is not a profitable platform for an aftermarket manufacturer, and every person here, that may represent a 2% of the SX4 owners out there wants you to build them SX4t parts, without having the money on their pockets to pay for them... that is why you get to build one thing and no one buy them. I have seen tons of people asking for the rally style front end, since I bought my car back in 08, and now that it is out you have sold only 2. This is why I don't blame you for not being here, but you know that there are a few people here (me included) that had problems with some parts, either it be delivery or craftsmanship and most times there have been a lot to be desired. I'm still running with the hammer shaped header from that batch that was messed up.

Now talking about that muffler that you are selling, it DOESN'T fit the SX4... how are you going to sell something that when anyone here takes it to the muffler shop, will end up paying 2-3 times more to install, than the proper muffler like the one I posted above? The Spintech 180 series is what you should be selling for the SX4, not the 9000 street series.

automat
March 31st, 2012, 06:48 PM

Simply saying it increases hp is pretty vague indeed.

B-Spec
March 31st, 2012, 09:05 PM
How do you mount up that RRM Muffler on an AWD Hatch with the inlet and outlet in those positions??

Die trying
March 31st, 2012, 09:52 PM
Guess who is here? First off, I am not here as much since I have a 3 year old boy now. Takes a lot of my time. As he should! ALso I am spread thin with many forums. I answer a good 20+ email a week from SX4 and Kizashi guys, so I am active but the forum does not need to be watched by me. If people have questions, the forum is not ideal. Email is ideal.
I care about SX4, we have added products, some are from other makers of course but we are at least trying to give options to folks. No other company is still working on and stocking parts for these cars. WE ARE. That said, there is not much more product that make that makes sense for us to make. We just made WRC bumper that people begged for. We have only sold 2 in 8 months. This does not make much business sense. At least we have a mold for now though so if someone wants one............. We have made all the products we think could make sense. We have one more BIG PRODUCT that we are getting ready to release! 2010+ TURBO SYSTEM. That is a huge commitment on our part. That is something that we want in our line up and we know there are people who have saved their money and want it. Also because of so many emails, we are stocking our muffler of choice for guys with SX4s. We never made a catback because there are so many variations to this car. AWD,FWD, hatch, sedan, 07-09,10-12 years. It made more snese to offer the only muffler setup we KNOW makes power and is compact enough. This way guys can get a system built for cheaper. The difference is that you will not end up with whatever muffler the muffler shop has on hand and end up with a loud system or a system that is TOO LARGE and loses power, or a system that does not make power. Run to the muffler shop and end up with a system that makes power. IF you want them nickel plated, we can get that done for a charge. Problem again is, if we do one at a time it is expensive, if we do 5 at a time, not sure if the 5 will sell in a few months. The problem for you guys is that the numbers are low so we end up making stuff to order. It is a hard way to make money that way. How do we justify that. Anyways. the muffler is a really the best thing we have found and will answer many of the emails I get asking for our reccommended muffler for this car for N/A or Turbo.

ROAD/RACE

F to the yeah! Thanks for all you do rock, and a big middle finger to all the haters.

Maiden69
March 31st, 2012, 11:00 PM
F to the yeah! Thanks for all you do rock, and a big middle finger to all the haters.
Point the haters? Because everyone that have posted having issues with RRM where legitimate. I haven't seen anyone here bash on them just because they wanted to.

Maiden69
March 31st, 2012, 11:08 PM
How do you mount up that RRM Muffler on an AWD Hatch with the inlet and outlet in those positions??

I don't know if you are asking Rob, but the only way to mount that is to use a U bend and re-route the exhaust to the other side, kinda like the weird V6 Camaro muffler from Magnaflow but with only one out.
http://images.magnaflow.com/02product/parts/12277.jpg
http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=main&id=9980

AdR
April 1st, 2012, 03:48 AM

Lol. What are you, like 9? I almost heard the Na Na Na Naaa Naaaaaaa after that remark. Stop watching 8 Mile and idolizing Eminem, he's not that cool... :p

Die trying
April 1st, 2012, 08:49 AM
Point the haters? Because everyone that have posted having issues with RRM where legitimate. I haven't seen anyone here bash on them just because they wanted to.

Seems to me you took that personally.

Die trying
April 1st, 2012, 08:56 AM
Lol. What are you, like 9? I almost heard the Na Na Na Naaa Naaaaaaa after that remark. Stop watching 8 Mile and idolizing Eminem, he's not that cool... :p

I have been friends with rob quite a while and i appreciate a good tounge lashing. So yeah, there was a little na na na naaa naaaaaa implied. Also I have actually never seen 8 mile and eminem is not really my style. More like mc chris.

AdR
April 1st, 2012, 10:24 AM
I have been friends with rob quite a while and i appreciate a good tounge lashing. So yeah, there was a little na na na naaa naaaaaa implied. Also I have actually never seen 8 mile and eminem is not really my style. More like mc chris.

Well don't take this personally since it has nothing to do with you or your persona but I can't really take your comments in this thread or any other RRM based threads seriously (at least the one's you'd be trying to actually contribute) as you're already biased to the company because of your friendship with Rob. It's called conflict of interest. That's why I prefer reading everybody's remarks about the products and just because someone comes and yells the products are great to the 4 winds, it just never seems to convince me...

What I've seen and been able to take from my short time in the forums is that Rob is a great guy but really busy at times (I've had a hard time geting answers from any of my emails). For what his company's products speak to the general public; the turbo kits and the suspension parts are great and really well built and have been praised throughout this forum and the former one. As for the CAI, headers, piggyback and a couple of other bits and pieces it has seemed as a hit or miss kind of deal (except for the filters which apparently are crap). This leads me to believe that:

1. Some of his suppliers are not the best (I doubt the products are all made in-house).

2. Raises a flag on its products Lifecycle.

3. Some people are a little turned off by the lacking communication (there's a nice example on this thread). He really needs to step it up on customer service and if he has someone addressing emails in his company he should be kicked out... Every email/PM/phone call not answered is a pontentially lost customer.

4. People in the SX4 community talk the big talk but don't really walk the walk. Why be unrealistic and hope a company builds you a rocket engine to strap in the back of your car if you never intend to buy it? Most (not all) of you guys have to start being realistic on your goals and not make a company waste their efforts on new products that will be sitting on the shelves. Honda has big support because Honda fans support their aftermarket companies by buying their products. How many people out here have said they'd buy a turbo kit and never followed through? No wonder the products end up shabby at best; wasting money is not good business sense.

I am very happy that RRM has taken it's time to build and make products for the SX4 community which seriously lacks aftermarket support. But without any evidence of HP of TQ numbers nor the quality of the product, it is really hard for me to shell out the cash for it.

ROCK
April 1st, 2012, 11:18 AM
Just note that I do not do shipping quotes guys. I do not do shipping, so I do not always know these things. Furthermore, I do email and posts from home mostly. You guys are going to have to pick up the phone to get shipping quotes. Sorry but we do quotes, quotes all the time. It is best to call, 10-5 PAC time and get your quote. IF you like it, stay on the phone and place your order. Simple as that. I am far removed now from doing the quotes or checking on the status of orders. I hope you understand. We have about 7-8 guys now, call in and let them do their job for you via phone.

ROAD/RACE

AdR
April 1st, 2012, 11:37 AM
Just note that I do not do shipping quotes guys. I do not do shipping, so I do not always know these things. Furthermore, I do email and posts from home mostly. You guys are going to have to pick up the phone to get shipping quotes. Sorry but we do quotes, quotes all the time. It is best to call, 10-5 PAC time and get your quote. IF you like it, stay on the phone and place your order. Simple as that. I am far removed now from doing the quotes or checking on the status of orders. I hope you understand. We have about 7-8 guys now, call in and let them do their job for you via phone.

ROAD/RACE

Why would I want to spend 30 minutes on a long distance call being charged an arm an a leg when emails work just fine? Those 7-8 guys should be able to answer emails just as well. I also hate having to literally spell my whole address, it's in spanish. Either way if I do or don't agree with the quote then Im also going to get a nice little additional fee on my phone bill? I'm sure you can understand that not all of us like spending $5-10 on one telephone conversations when it's not necessary...

Where can I contact them by e-mail? Is there a toll-free number? Sure don't see one on the website.

This is getting off-topic already. You can PM me if you'd like. I'm highly interested on your products but I'd like the process to be more accomodating for us long distance guys. I'm sure the shipping won't be $5 bucks if you know what I mean... ;)

punksmurph
April 1st, 2012, 11:58 AM
I don't know if you are asking Rob, but the only way to mount that is to use a U bend and re-route the exhaust to the other side, kinda like the weird V6 Camaro muffler from Magnaflow but with only one out.
http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=main&id=9980

Actually that is not true with this exhaust, RRM has been working on getting a good muffler made that would fit in front of the rear axle with no fitment issues, looks like they have it. I think the idea with this muffler is to mount it not in the stock position but in front of the rear axle and then you would just need to add the piping going to the rear bumper. This eliminates a couple really hard bends in the exhausts and aids flow.

AdR
April 1st, 2012, 12:09 PM
Actually that is not true with this exhaust, RRM has been working on getting a good muffler made that would fit in front of the rear axle with no fitment issues, looks like they have it. I think the idea with this muffler is to mount it not in the stock position but in front of the rear axle and then you would just need to add the piping going to the rear bumper. This eliminates a couple really hard bends in the exhausts and aids flow.

An exhaust does fit in there if it's the right size. There's also hanger points there which should accomodate a muffler if done right.

pecci
April 1st, 2012, 12:22 PM

If that is the case ... I like it! This description should be on the RRM website. I don't know very much, but even I dismissed it after I saw that it was not a "same-side."

I only wonder how much a muffler shop would charge for the modifications.

Edit: Well, I guess it more or less is mentioned on the site, but I wouldn't have gotten it w/o the explanation above.

Maiden69
April 1st, 2012, 02:20 PM
Seems to me you took that personally.
Really?:rolleyes:

That muffler will not fit where you are saying on an AWD, and in a sedan it will be a very tight fit. Not the greatest picture, but there is my resonator, that is only 4" in diameter and there is almost no space around it. Few people have been able to place a "can" type muffler but needed to trim a little of the plastic in the bumper. Why re-invent the wheel when the manufacturer that he is using already have a muffler that will be a direct fit for the car?

An exhaust does fit in there if it's the right size. There's also hanger points there which should accommodate a muffler if done right.
That Spintech will not fit there. May be a Moroso Spiral muffler, or a Magnapak.

ROCK
April 1st, 2012, 04:55 PM
We are there. I forward emails to the proper guys to give quotes. In the end, we even call back guys that are serious buyers. Those types will email with their phone number. After that we really can't do much more than that. There are people who answer quotes via email and at some point a short call (not 30 minutes) will do the job. Worst case call for a quote, start the order then ask my guy to call you back to complete it. They will. Again all we can do for guys within reason. If you would like to get something, you would need to seek it out just like one would buying anywhere else. Any other expectations are actually unrealistic. Adr, where are you located? If you are in the U.S. or Canada and ready to buy, email me your number and I will have someone call you. Do not PM me because it is not in a format I can easily forward to my own email account at the shop or to one of my guys. List the items you want in your email and your shipping address. That will help get a total for you.

ROAD/RACE

AdR
April 1st, 2012, 06:49 PM
What I'd prefer for the muffler is the dimensions of it on the website as that would help you know if it will fit or not.

That Spintech will not fit there. May be a Moroso Spiral muffler, or a Magnapak.

A small muffler like a cherrybomb Extreme series or equivalent fits. I already marked one in the spot to see fitment and it fit. But I'm not installing a muffler so I put the idea to rest.

We are there. I forward emails to the proper guys to give quotes. In the end, we even call back guys that are serious buyers. Those types will email with their phone number. After that we really can't do much more than that. There are people who answer quotes via email and at some point a short call (not 30 minutes) will do the job. Worst case call for a quote, start the order then ask my guy to call you back to complete it. They will. Again all we can do for guys within reason. If you would like to get something, you would need to seek it out just like one would buying anywhere else. Any other expectations are actually unrealistic. Adr, where are you located? If you are in the U.S. or Canada and ready to buy, email me your number and I will have someone call you. Do not PM me because it is not in a format I can easily forward to my own email account at the shop or to one of my guys. List the items you want in your email and your shipping address. That will help get a total for you.

ROAD/RACE

I emailed you this morning and you already replied. I am serious about buying and I don't think a telephone number makes me more or less serious. I'm paying with paypal anyways so the order has to be made online. Lets take this conversation out of this thread as it really doesn't have anything to do with the topic.

Regards;
Adrian

B-Spec
April 1st, 2012, 08:29 PM

This is something that I would be very interested in.. I guess I will give Rob a call tomorrow and find out.

punksmurph
April 2nd, 2012, 03:37 AM
Really?:rolleyes:

That muffler will not fit where you are saying on an AWD, and in a sedan it will be a very tight fit. Not the greatest picture, but there is my resonator, that is only 4" in diameter and there is almost no space around it. Few people have been able to place a "can" type muffler but needed to trim a little of the plastic in the bumper. Why re-invent the wheel when the manufacturer that he is using already have a muffler that will be a direct fit for the car?

I was able to get a muffler to fit past my resonator and then split it for the dual exhaust for my Zuk build and I retained the stock resonator. When I first set it up it was the resonator and then the two busa mufflers but it was loud and cops ticket for that where I live, I had room for a muffler and it helped. So I know there is space there for a muffler.

Maiden69
April 2nd, 2012, 05:08 PM
I was able to get a muffler to fit past my resonator and then split it for the dual exhaust for my Zuk build and I retained the stock resonator. When I first set it up it was the resonator and then the two busa mufflers but it was loud and cops ticket for that where I live, I had room for a muffler and it helped. So I know there is space there for a muffler.

Pics from Sizitech.com
Where can you place a muffler before the differential? I don't even see enough space in the RRM video. I looked for my pics when I installed my new resonator but they are long gone. You can place a round muffler right where the resonator is before the gas tank, once you get to the gas tank, there is no space for anything other than a skinny glasspack.
http://www.suzitech.com/pics/products/sx4/SX4%20rear%20swaybar%20fitted.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPJw1B4Ye-8&feature=player_embedded#!

Maiden69
April 2nd, 2012, 05:15 PM
What I'd prefer for the muffler is the dimensions of it on the website as that would help you know if it will fit or not.

A small muffler like a cherrybomb Extreme series or equivalent fits. I already marked one in the spot to see fitment and it fit. But I'm not installing a muffler so I put the idea to rest.

I don't think that the Cherry bomb extreme will fit. They are the same measurements as Flowmasters at 4x9. They are shorter, but like the Spintech, they are almost a full size muffler as far as width and height.

A Magnapack
http://images.magnaflow.com/02product/parts/10416.jpg
http://images.magnaflow.com/02product/parts/12763.jpg
Or Moroso Spiral muffler
http://www.moroso.com/catalog/images/94050_group.jpg

On the other hand will fit and sound better than the Spintech.

AdR
April 2nd, 2012, 05:37 PM
I don't think that the Cherry bomb extreme will fit. They are the same measurements as Flowmasters at 4x9. They are shorter, but like the Spintech, they are almost a full size muffler as far as width and height.

You might think it doesn't but it does. It doesn't fit completely straight but when we set it in the location to see if I could use it it fi, a little lower than I wanted to though (because of how the well curves).

I actually bought the Magnaflow you pictured above but I'm probably going to locate it where the resonator was because that one doesn't fit after the axle.

punksmurph
April 2nd, 2012, 06:44 PM
There is actually just enough space for the magnapack to just fit there, but AdR is right I think there will be a slight angle to it. I looked tucked up on my car and I still had the resonator but there was not a lot of space between the resonator and the muffler.

Maiden69
April 2nd, 2012, 07:21 PM
You might think it doesn't but it does. It doesn't fit completely straight but when we set it in the location to see if I could use it it fi, a little lower than I wanted to though (because of how the well curves).

I actually bought the Magnaflow you pictured above but I'm probably going to locate it where the resonator was because that one doesn't fit after the axle.

And with the streets in PR, I don't think that you can afford that thing to be too low. I don't know, but I think that the best solution here if you want a free flow sysyem is to get a Dynomax bullet to replace the stock resonator and get the magnaflow right after it. then a straight pipe out back and you should be set.

AdR
April 2nd, 2012, 07:30 PM
Tell me about it, today I scraped a little on the bottom. I'm not going to add any other muffler other than the Magnaflow. One muffler and a high flow cat.

Maiden69
April 2nd, 2012, 09:18 PM
You should have no problem with the turbo on it. It deepens the sound, so the extra resonator will not be needed at all. Have you looked into using an Ultraflow Stainless muffler? I had a friend there with an '87 Starion running a custom 3" mandrel bent exhaust without cat and with the Ultrafolw on and it was the best Starion that I have heard period. And I think that it will fit between the axle and the stock exhaust location. The 6" round with 3" in/out comes in 16" overall length, and the case is only 12" long. And the 2.5" is 20" with 16" case. Other than those, the Magnaflow is the other best choice.

And about scraping, my wife already broke the front lip, glad it didn't broke in 2 pieves and I will be able to repair it without too much work.

ROCK
April 3rd, 2012, 10:11 AM
Yea it sucks when stuff hangs down. One reason why we choose the parts we do. I rally raced for years and the joke with my friends was where did I leave my exhaust (on a stage) I told them I would never buy expensive muffler because I lost one every 2 races. It was just the way it was. Those years when I had broken exhausts, no money, and no welder still haunt me.:) I still want components like these to be tucked up or at least as high as stock.

ROAD/RACE

automat
April 3rd, 2012, 01:19 PM
on the SX4 there's no problems tucking the exhaust up higher than stock, it's so low already :P when I fabbed my 2.5" exhaust I thought it was too low, until I compared it to a stock SX4. I couldn't figure it was that low when we were trying to tuck the pipes as close to the driveshaft as possible. I could've put it at least 2 inches lower and still have better ground clearance than stock...

Maiden69
April 3rd, 2012, 06:37 PM
Same here with my MAgnaflow now, it is sitting much higher than the OEM one,

MikeD123
April 5th, 2012, 09:22 AM
I'd be willing to pay a solid amount in order to get my sx4 to sound like this, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkZKGT5-wmg
That's the best sounding N/A sx4 I've ever heard, at least I think it's N/A, can't hear any turbo at all.

AdR
April 5th, 2012, 09:53 AM
I'd be willing to pay a solid amount in order to get my sx4 to sound like this, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkZKGT5-wmg
That's the best sounding N/A sx4 I've ever heard, at least I think it's N/A, can't hear any turbo at all.

Sound good but difficult to hear the tune of the entire rev band since 98% of the video is of them talking with the car off or fully stopped...

TomC
April 5th, 2012, 10:04 AM
IMHO, a four-banger never sounds good with a loud exhaust, unlike a V-8 or even a V-6.
If a less-restrictive muffler (or whole system) truly gives better performance, and that's all you're after, then go for it. But don't expect a ferocious sound. It is what it is.

Maiden69
April 5th, 2012, 05:01 PM
I'm guessing you haven't heard any other single SX4 with an aftermarket exhaust... Because all the Magnaflow-Flowmaster system posted here sounds better than that.

Die trying
April 5th, 2012, 08:27 PM
I disagree

Thirty-Nine
April 6th, 2012, 09:14 AM
I'm guessing you haven't heard any other single SX4 with an aftermarket exhaust... Because all the Magnaflow-Flowmaster system posted here sounds better than that.

That's totally subjective, though.

Maiden69
April 6th, 2012, 05:09 PM
That's totally subjective, though.
Yes it is. But being a Moderator in another forum, seeing a first 1 post by a complete stranger to the forum, post a link to a manufacturers product and state,

I'd be willing to pay a solid amount in order to get my sx4 to sound like this,
raise too many flags in my brain... I wish I had the same IP tools I have access where I mod at. I may be wrong thought.

And by my comment I don't mean that the car sound like trash, it is very hard to make this car sound bad. Just saying after listening to almost every sound clip posted in this forum, that is not on my TOP list, or even close at all.

I disagree
Well I agree to disagree...

punksmurph
April 6th, 2012, 11:44 PM
Yes it is. But being a Moderator in another forum, seeing a first 1 post by a complete stranger to the forum, post a link to a manufacturers product and state,

raise too many flags in my brain... I wish I had the same IP tools I have access where I mod at. I may be wrong thought.

And by my comment I don't mean that the car sound like trash, it is very hard to make this car sound bad. Just saying after listening to almost every sound clip posted in this forum, that is not on my TOP list, or even close at all.

Well I agree to disagree...

Actually MikeD123 posted to a YouTube not linked to Road///Race and on top of that I do have access to IP information and his is from the wrong side of the country. It could be a new user who just happened to look up SX4 exhaust on YouTube and found the clip.

MikeD123
April 7th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Yeah I'm from PA, just a new member. I've had my sx4 for about a year and I've been looking on here a lot lately so I just decided to join.

Maiden69
April 7th, 2012, 08:12 AM
That's why I said I could be wrong... and I know he posted a link to a you tube video, which happens to be of a review of the RRM red 2010 SX4.

ROCK
April 8th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Trust me, I get accused of not being present on this board, that is OK, I am not here much but I certainly do not have time or staff to make pretend accounts from PA either. I do not know Mike. He like what he likes and posted such. No conspiracy here but since RRM is only company that have given a S#*T about SX4, what are the odds that this guy would find a video evolving a RRM tuned car? Hum. Cool to me. Now that I have Mike, I can disappear for a while again. :) LOL... Just kidding before I get jumped.

The muffler ROCKS. That is the filling of a void from numerous emails I get. Thanks

ROAD/RACE

Maiden69
April 8th, 2012, 01:33 PM
I am not here much but I certainly do not have time or staff to make pretend accounts from PA either.

ROAD/RACE
Trust me YOU where the last person I would think of doing that... I guess I should had posted that in my original post.

The muffler is good, I already posted that also, by no means it is a SX4 unique muffler. I don't think that it sounds that great on 4 cyl engines also, and on V8 it mimics the sound of Flowmaster which a lot of new enthusiasts don't like.

ROCK
April 8th, 2012, 05:45 PM
No seat on that but some folks might think....... I made a mistake too perhaps. This muffler is the one but it is not SX4 only muffler but what it does is amazing and if you bring this to muffler shop, you will not get stuck with something they have on the shelf which is almost always too large 2.5+ that makes system too large to match. Walk in with the right muffler, you will get the right system. One of the best mufflers, and you can get the 2.25 inch system you need. Nothing bigger or smaller! This will solve a lot of the problems that I hear in emails and on the phone.

ROAD/RACE

Maiden69
April 8th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Once again, I know this, but since you are accomodating the SX4 community, why not get a muffler that will fit where the OEM goes? 2 1/4", available from 2" up. I know it is much easier to buy a good quantity of straight mufflers that you can use on any car out there, but trying to squeeze a straight muffler, when the manufacturer you are using already have a split case same side in/out seems unnecessary.
http://www.spintechmufflers.com/images/uploads/STREETMUFFLERS/333scs%20web.jpg
http://www.spintechmufflers.com/mufflers/street-mufflers/300-sportsman-split-case-series/sportsman-splitcase-300sc-series/sportsman-splitcase-322scs-2-1/4-/-2-1/4-/prod_992.html

ROCK
April 11th, 2012, 09:55 AM
We will see about that. Need to check into it but the inline allows a lot of flexibility. Still I will check you links. Thnx

ROAD/RACE

Maiden69
April 11th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Your welcome. I know that the in line is more flexible for you as a vendor and to some customers. Not that many vehicles other than this, Corvette and a very very few others use this type of exhaust.

ROCK
April 16th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Again it is possible to get the right one and have it in stock for guys that would be cool. We do not want guys ending up with wrong setups as what happens so many times from what we hear back from SX4 guys after the fact. Rob

ROAD/RACE