PDA

View Full Version : Finally bought some new tires for lil Zuki

jaja6009
February 16th, 2012, 12:40 PM
I bought the car in September of 2011 and while the OEM tires on it still had some tread left ( 5/32 ) I was looking for some new ones. I wanted the Geolanders but they dont make them in the stock size of 205/60. I was told by my dealer and from Suzuki at a 1800 number that changeing to a slightly larger tire would void my 100,000 mile powertrain warranty for some of the driveline parts. I dont see this as being fair or correct but I dont feel like arguing and I got this car used as it did have a transferable warranty.
I Chose the Hankook Optimo H727 tires. The were customer rated very well on tire rack but my decinding factor was a Consumer Reports test that rated them as not the best tire but the best bang for your buck. They were 1 of 4 tires tested that had a fair snow traction rating. The rest of the tires tested had lesser snow traction ratings. The best part was the price. $401 shipped to my door.
I will have a review posted on them as soon as they are installed which should be my Tuesday at the latest.
I have never used a Hankook tire so this should be interesting.

EricDavis621
February 16th, 2012, 01:31 PM
They make them in 215/60R16 but anyway decent price on the Hankook's...

jaja6009
March 8th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Getting close to a month since I put the tires on. Heres what I have to say about them.
They have alot of tread on them. Almost 10mm.
Manufacturer claims 100,000 miles. We shall see.
The paperwork that came with the tire said it could have a manufacturing haze on them for 500 miles. I do find that on hard acceleration when turning from a stop cause them to squeak and spin. I still have not gotten to 500 miles so we will see it that goes away.
Wet traction is good. No hydroplaning at normal speeds on a rainy highway.
Price was excellent.
It never snowed at all this year in S. NJ so I cant comment on snow traction.
I will update at a higher mileage or if anything out of the ordinary happens.