PDA

View Full Version : body stiffening for SX4 YA and YB chassis

chief2001
January 11th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Found some parts from the Spoon catalog for the rigid collars that help stiffen up the body more. Some of you may be able to get them. Its part number.

50261-SWI-000

Dont have an SX4, but I am always looking for parts. :) BTW, I was getting these for my own Suzuki later. :cool:

Found and English video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWyUD6UXfog

automat
January 11th, 2012, 07:48 PM
the theory seems optimistic, but I get their point for alignment. for me it would be a benefit to not have to do wheel alignments after removing the subframe. without these you can't remove and reinstall the frame without altering the alignment.

but as far as stiffening goes, unless the road was very uneven (very, very uneven) I don't think anyone would feel any difference.

can't see why they don't include the YC, are sedans available in japan? these will fit the sedan as well, there's only one frame for all variants.

edit : the price, OUCH!!!! I'm not buying that! I'll make a set myself!

chief2001
January 11th, 2012, 09:11 PM
the theory seems optimistic, but I get their point for alignment. for me it would be a benefit to not have to do wheel alignments after removing the subframe. without these you can't remove and reinstall the frame without altering the alignment.

but as far as stiffening goes, unless the road was very uneven (very, very uneven) I don't think anyone would feel any difference.

can't see why they don't include the YC, are sedans available in japan? these will fit the sedan as well, there's only one frame for all variants.

edit : the price, OUCH!!!! I'm not buying that! I'll make a set myself!

Im sure it depends what your plans are in wanting to get these but yes, they do have sedans here in Japan. The price is kind of expensive though, but spoon is not cheap. I was quoted 3600 bucks for one crankshaft from JUN but needed a minimum order of 2.