PDA

View Full Version : Mishimoto Performance Aluminum Radiator Anyone?

K-9
November 22nd, 2011, 11:50 AM
Hi guys K-9 back with another crazy idea. Would anyone like to upgrade there stock radiator to a Mishimoto Performance Aluminum Radiator. If so post your comments. Im in contact with Mishimoto as we speak trying to get the first run off and going. Looking at Mishimoto Performance Aluminum Radiator, Slim Fan shroud, and houses trying to be made. But I need your support to get it up and running. Also need some set buys for the first run. Looking at 5 people to start I'm One so just need 4 more. Will be talking to RoadRace in the next day or two to see if they would like to be involved. Not a price yet as soon as I have one I'll posts.

Buy list.
K-9

Schultzey
November 22nd, 2011, 01:02 PM
The idea of upgrading the radiator has crossed my mind. I am guessing the price of the radiator would be in the ballpark of three to four hundred USD based on the prices of their other products.

Mishimoto radiators are very nice and offer a lifetime warranty. It would be great if they made a radiator that was a direct replacement vs trying to fit up one of their universal radiators. The claim in performance for Mishimoto's other products is to provide up to 25 to 30 percent better cooling than stock.

I would be interested depending on the timing of the release of the product and price.

K-9
November 22nd, 2011, 01:29 PM
Thanks schultzey. Ill get more info when I can and keep you posted. Hoping to get support from road race that should garantey that they will start making them. Well almost. Would be good for there last two builds they did if they had upgraded radiator for there turboed cars. I know the univarsal 26 is just about the same size a stock it would fit but I want that clean look and pieced together. Hope they will start manufacture them if I get support.

chrisrunsi
November 22nd, 2011, 01:33 PM
Had one on my neon, fantastic quality and was about twice as thick as my stock. Car ran cooler overall but never got heated when I abused it.

B-Spec
November 22nd, 2011, 06:10 PM
I wish I could say that I need one but I live and work where the temps are well over 125 Degrees F in the summer.. I have never even come close to running hot in my car with the stock radiator. It have no need for one at all but good luck with getting them made! More products is always a good thing!

K-9
November 22nd, 2011, 10:39 PM
I can understand that but im looking more to turboed cars that don't want to risk it. Also just for the clean look of a aluminum racing radator.

2010sx4sport6spd
November 22nd, 2011, 11:19 PM
Thanks schultzey. Ill get more info when I can and keep you posted. Hoping to get support from road race that should garantey that they will start making them. Well almost. Would be good for there last two builds they did if they had upgraded radiator for there turboed cars. I know the univarsal 26 is just about the same size a stock it would fit but I want that clean look and pieced together. Hope they will start manufacture them if I get support.

i'd love to have one on my car

iamclaus
November 23rd, 2011, 05:55 AM
Depending on the price I could be tempted. My radiator doesn't look the greatest, it's almost like the previous owner drove around without the bumper installed. So many of the little fins are bent inwards thanks to all the insects in the air striking the rad through the massive grille in the bumper.

automat
November 23rd, 2011, 07:10 AM
I wish I could say that I need one but I live and work where the temps are well over 125 Degrees F in the summer.. I have never even come close to running hot in my car with the stock radiator. It have no need for one at all but good luck with getting them made! More products is always a good thing!

I can understand that but im looking more to turboed cars that don't want to risk it. Also just for the clean look of a aluminum racing radator.

Do it for the looks, don't do it for functionality. our radiator is huge compared to older suzukis.

When I installed my turbo it was in a heat wave (it was "only" 95-100F but with 99-100% humidity) and I didn't hook up my condenser fan. all the cooling was made by the radiator fan and it barely turned on even with the A/C running. There is no chance a bigger radiator would help in any way. if you want to run cooler, buy a thermostat instead.

Having bolt on products is cool tho. If I was building an all out race car then maybe I'd buy one, try it without any fans, save weight, etc. But unfortunately there is a lot of things that could need upgrading in a turboed SX4 and the radiator is not at the top of the list.

K-9
November 23rd, 2011, 01:55 PM
It not that big of deal to me just would like to see a new bolt on part for the sx4. Ill just go with the universal one if they don't go along with it and make a bolt on. Just would really like to see it happen

carcrazy003
November 23rd, 2011, 02:04 PM
This would be pretty cool, maybe could spawn other new products....who knows ;)
more A/M recognition the better I say!

Sx4turbo
December 15th, 2011, 04:52 PM
This will work great with my turbo setup since my stock fans are melting due to too much heat

Wolfe787
December 27th, 2011, 11:49 AM
i take it :D my radiator needs replacing anyhow and the high heat high humidity here in Puerto Rico is just asking for a proper radiator. Not necesarily bigger but a more efficient one is always good :)

Wolfe787
April 11th, 2012, 10:57 PM
just a bump, some silicone hoses and a radiator would be awsome

whitelightning777
May 21st, 2012, 07:06 PM
It would be nice to have a low profile fan as a bolt in replacement. I have to remove the stock fan just to change my oil filter. I posted a thread about the first oil change elsewhere, complete with pics.

automat
May 22nd, 2012, 01:04 PM
It would be nice to have a low profile fan as a bolt in replacement. I have to remove the stock fan just to change my oil filter. I posted a thread about the first oil change elsewhere, complete with pics.

get a filter wrench ;)

AdR
May 22nd, 2012, 02:49 PM

You don't have to remove the fan. it comes off from the bottom. You're not supposed to force tight a filter, it's hand tight. As automat said a filter wrench does wonders for removing.

socarboy99
May 22nd, 2012, 06:14 PM
I don't need a wrench to remove the filter on my '08 sedan...just a squeeze and twist of the hand and she spins off!

K-9
May 24th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Update for this. Sad to say don't look like it going to happen. Just not enough demand.