PDA

View Full Version : Swift Sport

B-Spec
September 23rd, 2011, 01:29 PM
Not sure if this is a repost... Just got this in my email..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7hGEI66LG4

Aston martin sx4
September 23rd, 2011, 03:03 PM
Kizashi front end on it looks good.

carcrazy003
September 23rd, 2011, 03:24 PM
dont know why im posting you all know what Im going to say.... :)

Die trying
September 23rd, 2011, 03:47 PM
Yeah, can we just ban further discussion on the swift sport? It just pisses me off being reminded that it exists but i can't have one.

De Melo
September 23rd, 2011, 06:10 PM
I don't ever see this car coming to north america, suzuki has missed the boat on this one. I just don't get it, good products crappy business decisions. Kind of ironic that the swift gti in the early 90's is what got me hooked on the brand.:confused:

punksmurph
September 23rd, 2011, 09:21 PM
Now talking about the Swift just makes me sad :( My deal does still stand, if Suzuki brings the Swift to the US then I will do everything in my power to be the first buyer.

pecci
September 24th, 2011, 12:02 AM
I would have rather heard the engine, instead of the repetitive music.

Very nice car.

socarboy99
September 24th, 2011, 05:16 AM
Here's a suggestion American Suzuki: You need a "halo car" to create buzz for the brand and build show room traffic for your dealers. This is just the vehicle (pun intended) to do that. I know that the current exchange rates make it hard to bring in the base models of this car; but, bring in the Swift Sport coupe and market it against the Mini and Fiat 500. Just my opinion, but all know what opinions are like!

Die trying
September 24th, 2011, 06:16 AM
suzuki doesnt give a flying crap. The swift will never come here and we will all buy another brand next time around. Too bad for suzuki.

trouble
September 24th, 2011, 08:03 AM
I really like my SX4 but like the previous post, I would have to look at other brands, for Suzuki is falling way behind in technology. If it keeps up like this, Suziki will have the worst gas compsuntion, class for class, of any car make that is sold in this country. And that won't make it these days. I assume that one reason they can sell cars a little cheaper is they don't spend much on R & D.

carcrazy003
September 25th, 2011, 10:32 PM
suzuki doesnt give a flying crap. The swift will never come here and we will all buy another brand next time around. Too bad for suzuki.
I hate to say it but I agree, there are a ton of affordible fun cars coming out now and suzuki just keeps on falling behind :(

jute2003
September 26th, 2011, 06:50 AM
I don't think its a tech problem. Suzuki is HUGE in Japan and India and offer some of the best cars on the road. Maybe the US isn't a huge priority or they just have really really poor marketing here but R&D and technology aren't limiting factors for the company. It does seem like they missed a huge opportunity with the Swift though.

I really like my SX4 but like the previous post, I would have to look at other brands, for Suzuki is falling way behind in technology. If it keeps up like this, Suziki will have the worst gas compsuntion, class for class, of any car make that is sold in this country. And that won't make it these days. I assume that one reason they can sell cars a little cheaper is they don't spend much on R & D.

Thirty-Nine
September 26th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Suzuki has publicly stated a number of times that it can't find a way to make a profit off of the Swift in the U.S. due to the dollar-to-yen ratio. Whether or not that's truly the case, I don't know, but that's their story, and they've been sticking to it for a while.

Die trying
September 26th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Suzuki has publicly stated a number of times that it can't find a way to make a profit off of the Swift in the U.S. due to the dollar-to-yen ratio. Whether or not that's truly the case, I don't know, but that's their story, and they've been sticking to it for a while.

Yeah, put your waders on cause its deep.

punksmurph
September 26th, 2011, 03:56 PM

I believe this to be true with the price point they would have to sell the Swift at to be competitive. My BIG issue is that Suzuki does not some how find one of the thousands of empty shifts at a plant and use it to build the Swift for the North and South American markets. One shift should be able to supply the US, Canada, Mexico and Central America. If it takes off I am sure that their partner would be more than accommodating to find more floor space or more work elsewhere. I hear Chrysler has a few idle plants, want to pee in VW Cheerios? Ask them for some floor space to make the Swift.

redzuki
September 26th, 2011, 06:28 PM

It is definitely the story. Rumor had it with the VW partnership they were hoping to build the swift in MX or TN, looks like that is going to fall thru thanks to the "feud".... Plan B make them in Hungary for the US. Let's see what happens.

Also it appears they are focusing on certain markets in the US, not the whole country.

Interesting article;
http://www.mediapost.com/publications/?fa=Articles.showArticle&art_aid=153568