PDA

View Full Version : SX4 sales is up +5%

mbs1
December 2nd, 2010, 10:44 AM
In the US of course.

In according to http://www.subcompactculture.com/

Local news:
For Balansero and other guys from Serbia: local dealer Eurosumar starts selling Kizashi's in december. Oh my it is already december!!! I want a test driveeeee :cool:
p.s. I noticed much more SX4's on the streets in previous few months. Xmass sales will make that even better:SX4 base 2wd for only 9900eur. That's cheaper than new Swift!

Caterham
December 2nd, 2010, 01:22 PM
Amazing considering I can't remember the last time I saw an ad.

jerdog
December 2nd, 2010, 06:57 PM
Yea us!

markolson
December 3rd, 2010, 07:55 AM
I will add an OH CRAP! Now Suzuki will take that as their plan to close all the dealerships in the US is working they close half and the sales double - close the other half and they should take off like a rocket!

mbs1
December 3rd, 2010, 08:52 AM
Fortunately that scenario is not possible, Suzuki is too conservative for that business model :hi:

Thirty-Nine
December 3rd, 2010, 11:13 AM
Overall Suzuki sales were up 51% in November! Let's hope we can have more numbers like this! This is two months in a row of positive gains.

Die trying
December 3rd, 2010, 12:38 PM
it's top gear. people buy anything they see on tv. that's my theory at least

SX604
December 4th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Top gear, 2010 clear out sales, and the rush to get awd for winter?

The Jesuit
December 7th, 2010, 07:35 AM
There are four local dealers here; in August, one had 26 SX4 crossovers, of which 8 were 2WD, the second had 12 Crossovers, of which only 2 were AWD, and the 3rd had 9, and all were 2WD, and the 4th one had 32 on their lot, of which 12 were 2WD. Today, these four have no Crossovers on their lots, no '10's, or 2011's, and all have no used ones either; a glance at the Virginia Pilot classified showed none for sale, nor did the Auto Trader. Now, that may be only 79 cars total, but they're all gone, and all were sold at list price plus. I went to Maryland for mine, where I walked out paying $17K total, since I don't buy anything unless it's on sale. So, from my perspective, Suzuki did well here in Hampton Roads, inspite of buyers having to have paid close to, or more than $20K out the door.

What I would like to see is Suzuki opening up new from the ground up Zuki Superstores, replete with customer lounges, well stocked accessory section, clean enough to eat off the floor service departments, customer sleeping lounges for those who have to wait a while, wireless internet rooms, game room, mini cafeteria, etc....one Toyota Scion dealer has exactly all these things, and then some; I didn't buy a Scion 'cause they're so damn ugly, and they don't have AWD, but if I was into fugly and 2WD, the setup they have as described would have gotten me into one of those rolling cubes in a heartbeat.

mbs1
December 7th, 2010, 10:27 AM
There are four local dealers here; in August, one had 26 SX4 crossovers, of which 8 were 2WD, the second had 12 Crossovers, of which only 2 were AWD, and the 3rd had 9, and all were 2WD, and the 4th one had 32 on their lot, of which 12 were 2WD. Today, these four have no Crossovers on their lots, no '10's, or 2011's, and all have no used ones either; a glance at the Virginia Pilot classified showed none for sale, nor did the Auto Trader. Now, that may be only 79 cars total, but they're all gone, and all were sold at list price plus. I went to Maryland for mine, where I walked out paying $17K total, since I don't buy anything unless it's on sale. So, from my perspective, Suzuki did well here in Hampton Roads, inspite of buyers having to have paid close to, or more than $20K out the door.

What I would like to see is Suzuki opening up new from the ground up Zuki Superstores, replete with customer lounges, well stocked accessory section, clean enough to eat off the floor service departments, customer sleeping lounges for those who have to wait a while, wireless internet rooms, game room, mini cafeteria, etc....one Toyota Scion dealer has exactly all these things, and then some; I didn't buy a Scion 'cause they're so damn ugly, and they don't have AWD, but if I was into fugly and 2WD, the setup they have as described would have gotten me into one of those rolling cubes in a heartbeat.

Sounds like a bad news and a good news.
Bad news: you can't buy SX4 here.
Good news: because we sold them all.
:D

EastCoastSX4
December 9th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Top gear, 2010 clear out sales, and the rush to get awd for winter?

Not so much Top Gear, although i think its funny that they use the sx4 (kind of a backhanded compliment, i guess???)
Hands down #1 reason i bought the SX4 was for its AWD and price. Cheapest AWD car/vehicle on the market.

I helped contribute to that sales increase:D