PDA

View Full Version : Private "For Sale" feedback

zukiuki
September 12th, 2011, 08:59 AM
In response to private sales, would'nt it be more appropriate to limit the
queries to "PM only"? By doing this, the thread would not be cluttered with unnecessary posts. In other words, "If you what to buy, fine". If NOT, let's move on to the next seller.

redzuki
September 14th, 2011, 04:51 AM
+1 on locking ads.. it is super easy if you have a admin setting that locks ads in a category automatically. i run a forum (using smf) and i have to lock them manually - it's a pain but prevents people from basically ruining ads.

Brumbie13
September 14th, 2011, 08:14 AM
I think that there are several good reasons to keep the threads open.

One of the biggest reasons being that this is a forum where people talk.
If you can't talk about things, why have a forum at all?
:)

zukiuki
September 14th, 2011, 10:29 AM
You are right. This is a forum and talk is what powers the dynamics. However, that doesn't mean that it gives an individual the right, being it knowingly or not, to sabotage a "Private, Clasiffied" ad, on an open forum. If it were on any other Thread, it would be considered "stepping".
I know, I know, I don't have to advertise on this forum but giving one of my fellow members the first choice is my main consideration. "Consideration" is the key word.

Brumbie13
September 14th, 2011, 01:11 PM
There are several reasons to leave those threads open:
1) People who already own the same item up for sale can comment on the quality of the item, which will lead to people being more interested in it.
2) People can ask questions about the items, and those questions and answers can be seen by everyone.
3) People can see how quickly or slowly things move, which means they can see when items are reduced in price.
4) People have the opportunity to give feedback on the item and/or the seller.

If we made the overall sales process very private, we would lose all of that, and what would be the benefit?

Would you say the benefit is that people's threads don't get sabotaged? If so, when has that happened?
When has a legitimate seller come on here, accurately advertised an item and shipped it in a safe and timely manner ever been sabotaged?

You say it's a consideration thing, and indeed, sometimes people offer great deals just to get things our of their garage and into the hands of a fellow forum member.
However, it isn't necessarily as one-sidedly benevolent as you imply.
What are another seller's alternatives?
-A seller could post up their item on Ebay and pay a seller's fee on top of the cost of the item. If the item doesn't sell, they'll have to pay again to relist it.
-A seller could post up on Craigslist and hope that one of the 6 other people in their city with an SX4 just happens to be looking for that part.

The fact is, if a person is looking to sell an SX4 related item, we're one of the best places to go about doing that.
We are a large group of people who mainly have one thing in common, we own SX4's. As a seller, I couldn't think of a better place to WANT to sell an item.
I could say that we're kind enough to give our members the "consideration" of allowing them to come on and sell their unwanted item.

When it comes down to it, selling on the forum is beneficial for the seller, the buyer, and the forum community as a whole.

I just don't see why a person with honest intentions would even want to have their for sale threads locked.

zukiuki
September 14th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Nuff said. You the Man.

Brumbie13
September 14th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Ha, thanks. :)

I wasn't trying to bully my way into being right, just sharing my side of things. :)

big
December 20th, 2011, 12:25 AM
Ha, thanks. :)

I wasn't trying to bully my way into being right, just sharing my side of things. :)

great,that is why people come to here to share but too much ads makes me angry.so we want more

Ronzuki
December 20th, 2011, 06:52 AM
Nuff said. You the Man.

Ageed! All good reasons.

jskandhari
December 20th, 2011, 07:19 AM
I think that there are several good reasons to keep the threads open.

One of the biggest reasons being that this is a forum where people talk.
If you can't talk about things, why have a forum at all?
:)
+1 .. Forums aka BB == Broadcast Bulletins serve the basic purpose of discussion n agree to the Points sighted above...
(Personal Opinion - Don't Kill me for Taking Sides :P )