PDA

View Full Version : 2010-2011 RRM Piggyback

stevoblue
August 28th, 2011, 10:41 AM
I was hoping to start this for the 2010-2011 piggyback only. I am on the fence about it due to the price. I emailed RRM directly and PMd rock but I have had no response yet. They must be busy. I had the following questions. Any help would be appreciated. I have the basic NA mods intake, exhaust, and my favorite the u/d pulley already installed.

1. Does anyone have before and after dyno numbers for this. (2010-2011)
2. Does it help with the low end throttle respond issues?
3. If RRM Updates toe tuning (ie headers in the future) will they send out free updates?

Schultzey
August 28th, 2011, 07:04 PM
1. Does anyone have before and after dyno numbers for this. (2010-2011)
2. Does it help with the low end throttle respond issues?
3. If RRM Updates toe tuning (ie headers in the future) will they send out free updates?

I don't have a 2010-2011 but on my 2007 the throttle response was slightly improved on the low end. I noticed the most improvement in the mid to high rpm range.

I would assume that IF a different tune was made for another mod like a header you will still pay $40 for the new tune to be programmed plus shipping of the piggyback to CA. This is what 07-09 owners had to do when adding the header after having the standard piggy tune. If you were to order a header and piggy at the same time you can choose to have the piggy shipped with the header tune at no extra charge.

stevoblue
August 30th, 2011, 05:49 PM
I got a PM response from Rock. I bought the piggyback today. I'll report what I think.

m52go
August 31st, 2011, 07:57 PM
I got a PM response from Rock. I bought the piggyback today. I'll report what I think.

Great--I look forward to hearing your thoughts. I've been on the fence about this part for a while too, even after talking directly with RRM about it. People that like it really like it, but I've come across some luke-warm comments on it too, so I'm not sure what to do.

thegeekmeister
August 31st, 2011, 08:02 PM

I bought one on Saturday. I will see if I can get dyno numbers for you.

chrisrunsi
September 7th, 2011, 08:36 AM
I liked it. Its been a while since I remember how it was stock but it wasa gradual increase over about 2 weeks. Did a road trip to Atlanta about a month ago from NYC. In 6th, accelrating from 65 to 80 was a breeze and going over 80 it would just keep climbing. You really feel the kick around 3k rpm.

stevoblue
September 11th, 2011, 07:15 PM
I like it so far. 5th has a vast improvement. Just went camping a couple of hours away. Had about 200 # loaded in it. Including dog and cooler. Drove allot of windy with a many straight aways. Had plenty of power I didn't have before. ( The car has stock suspension and tires an I am extremely happy with the cornering) Just dropped down to 4th and I could accelerate through any corner From 3-5.5k rpm.

AKSX4
September 28th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Well... I have an "Auto" and I can't really tell if their has been an improvement, and actually the fuel economy has dipped below 25 MPG. I took my time and wired it as stated, but I'm not "feeling the love" from this piggy back, and it seems to have made it run FAT. My intake set up seems rather cheesy as well... had to use stock parts on the last section closest to the engine right before the carb or throttle body intake itself... does anyone know if this is correct on the 2011? am I missing something?

the lightweight Pulley and exhaust are sweet... but the 2011 Intake and Piggy have my undies in a bunch... alot of money for not much performance.

Capoken
September 29th, 2011, 09:30 AM
You gotta give it a couple of weeks. and in the meantime take it easy on the throttle.

AKSX4
October 11th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Well, it has been more than a couple of weeks with the Piggy back and all I have is a gas hog.... gas mileage is less than 24 mpg, the Suzuki is running fat, I have not changed my driving style, and the weather is cooling off, it should be better... I will check the wiring, but I was meticulous with the installation and even soldered and taped connections.

The mass air flow sensor seems to be in backwards on the intake.... are these suppose to face into the airstream? or should they be shielded so in other words, if you reverse the air flow sensor will it read poorly? there was only ONE way to bolt it up, and it seems backwards to me...

Pulley and exhaust are great... I was just expecting more from the little box.... it may become a very expensive paper weight. I have not heard back from RRM, and have e-mailed a few times... I'm feeling let down and stuck with magic beans...

any ideas?

The directions were for a earlier model....

automat
October 11th, 2011, 10:27 AM
do you have a pic of the MAF installed?

AKSX4
October 11th, 2011, 11:03 AM
ummm, no... but the U shape is facing into the stream if that makes sense (air flow)---> >(sensor) so the shape of the plastic piece is acting like a "scoop" is this correct? as the wires and intake bracket would only allow this way of installation.