PDA

View Full Version : View wheels on your SX4

zukiuki
May 30th, 2011, 03:55 PM
For those of you that don't know about it, Tire Rack has a neat application where you can view just about any wheel superimposed on the SX4. Go to Tire Rack's web site; then go to wheels tab; then go to right side of screen to "Useful Links" and click "view wheels on vehicle". This is a really nice feature.

Die trying
May 31st, 2011, 03:27 PM
Funny, i was using that yesterday. I was curious how bronze rims would look on a copper sx4. No thank you.

I spent quite a lot of time on tire rack.com researching tires. I used the tire survey rankings to compare the top 3 uhp all seasons, the top 3 hp all season tires, plus a sumitomo tire, a kumho tire, and a general tire. I compared their performance using the survey rankings and determined value which i defined as the average of the point spread for a tire divided by the cost per point for that tire. The general tire came out just barely ahead of the continental extremecontact dws but after reading several reviews about flat spots developing after hard braking i decided to go with the continental.

The Shadow
June 2nd, 2011, 06:55 AM
How much are the Continental's, per tire?

:cool:

Die trying
June 2nd, 2011, 12:33 PM
215/55/16 runs $114 each. That size results in a 1.5% speedometer error which i find acceptable.

DynaSG
June 25th, 2011, 09:16 PM
when my Turenza's finally do wear out I'v decide on the Conti's also, I'm told the 225/55/16's will fit fine and they give a .2% error...