PDA

View Full Version : Would you like it?

Balansero
May 27th, 2011, 04:01 AM
I would hate it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWgy1Y27QnI&feature=player_detailpage

jerdog
May 27th, 2011, 05:18 AM
While it does look cool, it also looks way too busy. I think the added distractions might hurt more than they help.

02C2
May 27th, 2011, 05:44 AM
Video Game ish! I dig it, but I LOVE technology and neat gadgets. I think I'd kill all the stupid popups saying what building and points of interest around, but if you can tweak the info it shows you, that'd be awesome.

zuk_mur
May 27th, 2011, 06:38 AM
I know that some C5 vettes had a HUD. was great when going umm... over the speed limit, so you didn't have to take your eyes off the road. but that only had speed, gear, and RPM.

kazam58
May 27th, 2011, 07:02 AM
I think it would be sweet if it displayed basic info AND...and this would be awesome...it incorporated GPS with 3D-ish arrows that showed you where to go. Because sometimes figuring out where to turn is such a pain in the rear. Driving around Boston I can't tell you how many times I've missed a turn just because the streets are so dense and you don't have the luxury of looking at a little 4inch screen to figure out where to go. As long as I could customize and tell it to shut up when I want to, I'd love it

hugbear
May 27th, 2011, 08:31 AM
incorporated GPS with 3D-ish arrows that showed you where to go
+1 Something like this: http://www.mvs.net/

markolson
May 27th, 2011, 08:43 AM
While it does look cool, it also looks way too busy. I think the added distractions might hurt more than they help.

I gotta agree - I hope in real life it would not be so distracting - I found myself watching the various display and not the road. Heads up is great if you are in a dogfight but for the most part, don't need MPH showing - maybe an occasional alert would be good but our focus should always be on what is going on around us.

Schultzey
May 27th, 2011, 09:03 AM
If the display was fully customizable I might like it. The ability to place the notifications you want to see, where you want to see them is important to not cause distractions. I would also not want to have the grid lines visible. The amount of notifications shown in the video would really annoy me if the windshield had that much activity on it.

The advertisements definitely have to go. We don't need another medium for product ads to be displayed.

Aston martin sx4
May 27th, 2011, 02:09 PM
There are way too many people out there now that can't figure out how stop a runaway prius, we don't need this kind of technology in our cars.

SX4DUDE2013
May 28th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Great idea, but just "too much"...

Speedlvr
May 28th, 2011, 12:03 PM
I also think this is just too much. Very video-game-ish. Which I do love my games.......real life isn't one of those though;)

There are way too many people out there now that can't figure out how stop a runaway prius, we don't need this kind of technology in our cars.

^^^^This is point, fact, and case.

n45w73
June 17th, 2011, 12:14 AM
in 2020 we will have the autopilot On so we can add few firing buttons and firing at trafic camera for 100 points :-)

MonteSX4
June 17th, 2011, 06:53 AM
I believe it is Washington University who is also working on a contact with pixels on them. They have so far been able to put one pixel on it and it will be able to tell you everything about anything you look at. Example, look at a restaurant and it will tell you the history, menu, and the prices for the meals. It's gonna get crazy in the future. I'm just waiting for 2025 when nanotechnology is going to start becoming big ^_^

EricDavis621
June 23rd, 2011, 08:45 AM
I think it's pretty sweet, but would insurance cover the glass still?