PDA

View Full Version : Unlucky SX4

ajfear24
April 10th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Don't park your sx4 in a walmart parking lot when theres a tractor near bye...

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/04/10/video-driverless-john-deere-tractor-terrorizes-walmart-parking/

Darrenf
April 10th, 2011, 05:43 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_mpBGa4P5jUo/SRQiWM2otDI/AAAAAAAACP8/wNio0uro2fo/s400/killdozer3.jpg

Caterham
April 10th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Yikes. I'm surprised it wasn't mine.

Speedlvr
April 10th, 2011, 05:52 PM
It's so easy to say "if I was there I would've........". But man if I was then how hard would it have been to run up to a ferickin tractor and hit the brakes? Lazy *** people.

Darrenf
April 10th, 2011, 05:57 PM
It's so easy to say "if I was there I would've........". But man if I was then how hard would it have been to run up to a ferickin tractor and hit the brakes? Lazy *** people.

Provided you can run fast enough to not get run over by the giant tire chasing you.

Speedlvr
April 10th, 2011, 06:02 PM
How fast are we thinkin the tractor's going? I'm thinking 10mph max. I can run 20mph in a very short sprint. I'm just saying you've got a dozen people just watching, some cop driving around in circles like Barney Fife, and then the 1 guy who does step up to the plate does it just a little late and the light pole stops the tractor......technically the tractor stopped at the light pole:hi:

Darrenf
April 10th, 2011, 06:06 PM
I don't know, but I saw the guy TRY to do exactly what you think you would have done, and almost get run over. You might call me lazy, but I'm sorry, if there is no life in danger, I sure as hell would not be putting myself in danger to simply save some property.

Caterham
April 10th, 2011, 06:09 PM
I don't know, but I saw the guy TRY to do exactly what you think you would have done, and almost get run over. You might call me lazy, but I'm sorry, if there is no life in danger, I sure as hell would not be putting myself in danger to simply save some property.

What if Brumbie was in the SX4?

Darrenf
April 10th, 2011, 06:15 PM
What if Brumbie was in the SX4?

Then the tractor would have stopped as soon as it hit it. :hi:

Cause Brumbie would have gone Chuck Norris on it's azz.

Caterham
April 10th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Then the tractor would have stopped as soon as it hit it. :hi:

Cause Brumbie would have gone Chuck Norris on it's azz.

:eek:
Brumbie can't do Norris.

Darrenf
April 10th, 2011, 06:23 PM
:eek:
Brumbie can't do Norris.

I suppose you're right. :)

Caterham
April 10th, 2011, 06:25 PM
At least he'd have been safe in the whiner's seat.

Brumbie13
April 10th, 2011, 09:04 PM
That's it... I sentence you both to a week in Coventry (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tachy+goes+to+coventry)!

Darrenf
April 10th, 2011, 09:05 PM
That's it... I sentence you both to a week in Coventry (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tachy+goes+to+coventry)!

Haha, oh the noes! :wink:

Brumbie13
April 10th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Wow...
I'm starting to enjoy this forum much more already... :D

http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/1247539894_k4iJt-O.png

punksmurph
April 10th, 2011, 11:21 PM
And there goes a red crossover. Had this been Georgia USA I am sure it would have been Dudes car that got hit.

Avalanche
April 11th, 2011, 01:09 PM
What a way to claim insurance... . :D

Balansero
April 11th, 2011, 02:58 PM
How fast are we thinkin the tractor's going? I'm thinking 10mph max. I can run 20mph in a very short sprint. I'm just saying you've got a dozen people just watching, some cop driving around in circles like Barney Fife, and then the 1 guy who does step up to the plate does it just a little late and the light pole stops the tractor......technically the tractor stopped at the light pole:hi:

By the pace of the only guy with the balls (out of all those people enjoying the view) I would say it was slower than that. The guy was brave but didn't pick the right moment, nor the right pace. I know I would do the same. Maybe it's stupid but that's the way I am. :)

Last summer, bunch of kids were playing with the small gas canister for lighters refill, in the bushes just behind the small beach that is close to my house. Shortly afterwards we noticed a thick smoke coming from there. That area is remote, with only 3m wide road connecting it with civilization, about 25 km away. The nearest fire fighters squad needed 45 minutes to reach the location. The whole peninsula is under high risk of fire due to lack of water, rough terrain, many bushes and pine and olive trees (I've posted some pics here before). We fear of the fire more than of the snakes.
By the time fire fighters arrived in an old truck, we (dozen of men from the beach and a staff from the small restaurant) managed to extinguish the fire with a mobile water pump and the water from the WWI water reservoir. While one team was fighting the fire the rest of us were saving the cars that were parked in the bushes by the road. Their owners went to another beaches from there on foot.
We saved 7 or 8 cars. Had to break driver side windows on some in order to release the hand brakes and put the stick to neutral. Then we pushed them away from the fire. The last 3 cars were already touching the the flames. It was really last minute rescue. We took quite a lot of smoke in our lungs. Had to run away from it and than wait a few seconds for the wind to calm down then go back and continue pushing. Most of us in our swiming trunks, barefooted or in flip flops.

Next day, the local papers praised the fire fighters (who arrived after everything was done) for their quick reaction. Not a word of the "beach boys" who actually saved the day. :hi:

I met afterwards a young couple with a baby, whose Peugeot 306 we rescued from the fire by breaking the window. I told the guy I was sorry that we had to do it and he was all happy about it. They had all their papers and baby stuff in the car. One broken window compared to a burned car and burned personal documents in a foreign country... easy choice.:wink:

Avalanche
April 11th, 2011, 11:56 PM
Were you sued for the damage done to the windows? That would be sure to happen where I live :(

Speedlvr
April 12th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Glad to hear there are still those out there who'd help even if it is "just" personal property.....:D

Are the firefighters the journalists there too?:hi:

Caterham
April 12th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Nice work Balansero!

Balansero
April 12th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Were you sued for the damage done to the windows? That would be sure to happen where I live :(
:hi: That would be funny.

Glad to hear there are still those out there who'd help even if it is "just" personal property.....:D

Are the firefighters the journalists there too?:hi:

Honestly, my personal property was (is) my little summer house only 200 m away from that place. It would be one of the first to burn if we didn't stop the fire there. Don't know about other "beach boys" motives. :wink:
Just kidding. You got no time to think much when you find yourself in such situation. Your instincts tell you to do something or to run away.
Unfortunately, us city folks tend to lose our instincts. So, we often wait for the "service providers" instead of acting in a timely manner to prevent bigger trouble. Hence the negative connotation of my comment on those by-standers in the video. If you are there, it's your business too.

You got the point with the journalists, none was there on the spot. So how could they know about it at all? :hmmm:

SX4DUDE2013
April 12th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Only in Canada....

B-Spec
April 12th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Wow~!!

Avalanche
April 12th, 2011, 11:55 PM
Did they trace the fault with the JD yet? I wonder what was the actual reason it went round like a bull with a grudge?

n45w73
April 13th, 2011, 03:51 PM
By chance noboby hurts ! could had been worst at 1pm !

Poor SX4 ! she got trash around !

EricDavis621
May 1st, 2011, 09:51 AM
does anyone know why or how the tractor was ghost driving in the first place?

Pokei
May 2nd, 2011, 07:26 PM
Nope, but that's only 15mins away from me! Scary!

redzuki
May 3rd, 2011, 05:44 AM
that video is nuts. i would have been so pissed if that were my car, imagine walking out, loaded down with bags only to see your poor SX4 smashed to smithereens!!

the safest way to get on a moving tractor is from the BACK, there is usually a hitch mount back there and you can climb up and crawl over the wheel fender into the cab.