PDA

View Full Version : hood dampers?/?

Chris646
February 20th, 2011, 09:57 AM
I find it annoying that I have to hold the hood up and pull the "thing" up... Ive tried going to advance, auto zone, oriellys, and even nrg and other websites trying to find some that are compatable but nothing... anyone find any?

Caterham
February 20th, 2011, 10:19 AM
It would be a nice feature.

Maiden69
February 20th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Some one on the old forum already did this. He used a set of dampers for a hatchback, but I dnt remember which. You could go to a local salvage yard and see if there is a hatchback that has been wrecked from the back, and take a drill to drill out the spot welds that hold the tabs for the damper and screw them or have a body shop weld it to the car.

Schultzey
February 20th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Some one on the old forum already did this. He used a set of dampers for a hatchback, but I dnt remember which. You could go to a local salvage yard and see if there is a hatchback that has been wrecked from the back, and take a drill to drill out the spot welds that hold the tabs for the damper and screw them or have a body shop weld it to the car.

Yes, TRS did this on the old forum and made a nice write up. I moved his post into the how to section of this forum. Found here -->http://clubsx4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1050&p=16913#post16913

Chris646
February 20th, 2011, 10:05 PM
dang... ask a question get an answer.... makes life alot easier... thank you maiden and shultzey...