PDA

View Full Version : Megan Racing Coilovers Owners

fizex
February 19th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Little confused on ride height of the MR fully adjustable....

from the few pics I've seen here I looks like the megans even at the highest setting drop the car by about and inch (or so...anyone have an exact number?)

yet on there site:
"The wide range of allowable ride-height adjustment allows you to retain the factory ride-height for OEM appearance with performance handling, drop your car all the way down for an aggressive stance, or fine tune your suspension for the race-track to lowering your center of gravity to gain full potential of your vehicle's handling capabilities."

So is the highest setting OEM height or is it lower?

Reason I'm asking is I've got the RRO lift and General Grabber AT 215/65/R16...I'm interested in the MRs but wondering if when I have them at the highest how much height I'm going to lose...want to make sure the wheels won't have any issues

Schultzey
February 19th, 2011, 03:20 PM
I don’t know why they claim that you are able to retain the OEM height. My guess is they copy and paste the same basic introduction of the CO in each page of their many applications.

I set my MR COs to the highest setting. The threads in the shocks cannot be moved any higher without being unsafe. You may be able to gain a little more clearance by increasing the preload. I did not add much preload to the springs when I set mine up.

Unfortunately I did not take before and after measurements of the cars height. My best estimation of height difference is the vehicle is lower in the front an inch(2.54cm) and 1.75 inches(4.445 cm) in the rear. Sorry I cannot be more precise with my measurement, but there is a significant drop.

fizex
February 19th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the help Schultzey!

ced11
February 19th, 2011, 04:21 PM
I would say that Shultzey is correct. Had GRIPS on 1st and then lowered it more with the Megans.

fizex
February 19th, 2011, 04:24 PM
Thanks guys...I'll go with that and see if things will still fit.