PDA

View Full Version : Turbo swift confirmed!

Die trying
February 18th, 2011, 09:35 AM
....for china

http://www.chinacartimes.com/2011/02/18/turbo-powered-suzuki-swift-is-going-to-rock-chinas-socks-in-2011/

sad

TimeBandit
February 18th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Hmm, I guess it'll be lighter than the SX4, but 150 HP doesn't sound like a lot from a turbo engine... then again, I don't know much about the swift other than the goobs of hype from people on this forum.

punksmurph
February 18th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Hmm, I guess it'll be lighter than the SX4, but 150 HP doesn't sound like a lot from a turbo engine... then again, I don't know much about the swift other than the goobs of hype from people on this forum.

The Swift platform is the base for the SX4, the SX4 is a great handling car, the Swift is even better. With that much power on tap the light little Swift would be a real scream.

Maiden69
February 18th, 2011, 04:58 PM

The great thing about factory turbo cars is that they are some what easier to mod and take big boost a lot better than a N/A converted car. I keep reading this rediculous numbers in the magazine lately for cars like Evo's and STi, and other Nissans running 30-40 + lbs of boost. That car is probably running between 7 to at the most 14lbs, so a change of injectors, boost controler and fuel pressure regulator with may be a better fuel pump will make those numbers jump very quickly. Early 90's and some late 80's Swifts turbo were running in the low 14 and dipping into the 13's from a 18+ 1/4 mile time.

Jack Straw
February 18th, 2011, 09:13 PM

well that's on a 1.5 or 1.6 or whatever and bumps it up to better than SX4 2.0 HP levels and would be hella fun to toss around.

Avalanche
February 19th, 2011, 12:15 AM
Mind you it's a China-only model, based on the previous generation Swift, as they will not get the new one this year.

socarboy99
February 28th, 2011, 02:56 AM
The Swift might, if we cross our fingers, might just make it to the USA. My reasoning to this is a first time acknowledgement by Suzuki America on their Facebook page. Prior to this, they have NEVER mentioned the Swift or commented on any posts put on their Facebook page concerning it. Below is a statement THEY posted on their Facebook page on Feb 25th.

Suzuki Auto: Worldwide sales of SUZUKI SWIFT reach two million units! Suzuki launched the Swift as its first world strategic model in November 2004, initially producing and marketing it in Japan and later expanding production to other countries including Hungary, India, and China. Today, the Swift is driven in 124 countries and regions around the world. http://media.suzuki.com/auto/

automat
February 28th, 2011, 07:14 AM
whatever y'all have to say about the swift coming back or not, this is VERY good news, it's suzuki going back in "larger displacement" forced induction business:cool: you can only imagine we will get factory turbos again in the next few years.

chrisrunsi
February 28th, 2011, 01:34 PM
I think factory turbos are a the "in" thing with the industry right now. High output and can still claim great mpg on the highway. That's a major win to most consumers right there. I would be dissappointed if I didn't see a turbo zuk of any sort within the next couple years.

B-Spec
February 28th, 2011, 05:32 PM
I will be the first in line when the Turbo Swift gets here...