PDA

View Full Version : review of 2011 sx4 offroad

Die trying
February 17th, 2011, 12:49 PM
http://www.tflcar.com/2011/02/video-review-the-2011-suzuki-sx4-goes-where-it-was-never-intended-to-tread.html

i saw this in google news. I can't watch the video until i'm out of work.

enjoy

grkacl
February 17th, 2011, 12:58 PM
great find

Caterham
February 17th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Lift kit, tires, and skid plates. :D

punksmurph
February 17th, 2011, 02:10 PM
The SX4 does not look like it is trying hard at all in auto or Lock mode, and he is running stock tires. It is fun to watch how well the car does on a Jeep trail.

The Jesuit
February 17th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Turanza's as well as the SX4 acquit themselves quite admirably.

soslow
February 17th, 2011, 03:00 PM
The car is great, the reviewer was awful. I want most of my 5 minutes back.

SX604
February 17th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Sweet video. Now if only someone would make a high quality video of sx4 with lift + skid plates off roading.

jerdog
February 17th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Wow, impressive!

Die trying
February 17th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Sweet video. Now if only someone would make a high quality video of sx4 with lift + skid plates off roading.

Hey rubicon, thats your cue.

SX4DUDE2013
February 17th, 2011, 04:16 PM
wow. what an impressive car :D

fizex
February 17th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Good to see the 4wd being used!

Saving up for a gopro

sx4x4 vid coming this spring...

rubicon4wheeler
February 17th, 2011, 09:51 PM
It's nice to see how even someone with little to no clue about off-roading did a decent job of showing the SX4's abilities.
I'd be happy to put together a video, but it's the wrong time of year. I'll need to figure out how to use video editing software too, before I'll be able to do a decent job. I really want a GoPro Hero!

kbeefy
February 17th, 2011, 11:13 PM
that guys a tool. Would have been nice if they'd show the limits, everyone likes wheelspin!

Balansero
February 18th, 2011, 05:17 AM
It's nice to see how even someone with little to no clue about off-roading did a decent job of showing the SX4's abilities.
I'd be happy to put together a video, but it's the wrong time of year. I'll need to figure out how to use video editing software too, before I'll be able to do a decent job. I really want a GoPro Hero!

iMovie is very simple software. Five years ago I edited my first video (from Cuba :)) on a friends Mac, without any previous knowledge of how video editing software functions. I did have experience from the audio world and the editing concept was basically the same. That helped a bit.

I want GoPro Hero too! :)

TimeBandit
February 18th, 2011, 05:51 AM
Hahaha, I like how he approached the rut head-on and then says, 'Uhg, that was bad. That was bad. We just hit something with the bottom of this car...' If he had a decent approach angle he could have avoided that completely, and besides, on the video (if that is indeed when he tried to shovel some dirt with the nose) it looks like he barely scraped the plastic...

Anyway, nice display of the SX4s abilities. Thanks for the link!

redzuki
February 18th, 2011, 09:06 AM
i think they guy was kind of a jerk... at first he seemed enthusiastic like, "look what this lil suzuki can do!", then once he actually got up there, he panicked and seemed to start to actually dis the SX4... Wha? Huh? Dude, the car got you up there, it'll probably get you back down! If anything, guide the car along a better path! I'd like to see a lift, skid plates and off road tires on it and a repeat.... Personally i think the SX4 did great for being totally stock!

TomC
February 18th, 2011, 09:46 AM
I think it's a very positive review of what the SX4 can do, WITHOUT a lift and off-road tires.
Don't understand why anyone would hate on this. :(
Thanks for the link Die Trying! :thumb: